When will fighting be gone???

Guest

Re: When will fighting be gone???

Postby Guest » Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:51 pm



Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:.....

Bobby Orr is a great example - his career cut short based on knee injuries that were the result of dirty hits and vicious slashes through the years. Do you think he would have lasted that long in the NHL without the help of some fighters to protect him? Answer - hot a hope.

Orr lived in an era of fighter and bench brawls-clearly it didn't work for him. Your argument for the effectiveness of fighting was just blown apart.


Fear of reprisal is a great motivator and removal of that motivator is resulting in a much dirtier game where players have less and less respect for each other.

Is this what we really want?


Do you actually think that Wilson would not hit Karlsson because he may have to fight Reeves? You have to be kidding me.

Is your solution a no holds barred bare knuckle fighting solution? It will be removed by the courts soon enough. I also guess the deaths of the enforcers by their own hands wasn't enough MOTIVATION to change.

You are sadly misguided.


Do you wear special clothing when you Pontificate like that?[/quote]

Do you have a point in your disrespect for those who suffered? You are misguided and irrelevant. Try to defend your position.

You can't.
0 x

Guest

Re: When will fighting be gone???

Postby Guest » Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:15 pm

Fighting will be gone when dirty hits are gone, dirty hits will be gone when hitting as we know it today is gone. Both will happen within ten years.
0 x

Guest

Re: When will fighting be gone???

Postby Guest » Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:39 pm

I agree. Fighting and hitting both can lead to concussions. When the hammer comes down both will be gone and we will have a game full of fast midgets on figure skates.
0 x

Guest

Re: When will fighting be gone???

Postby Guest » Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:42 pm

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:.....

Bobby Orr is a great example - his career cut short based on knee injuries that were the result of dirty hits and vicious slashes through the years. Do you think he would have lasted that long in the NHL without the help of some fighters to protect him? Answer - hot a hope.

Orr lived in an era of fighter and bench brawls-clearly it didn't work for him. Your argument for the effectiveness of fighting was just blown apart.


Fear of reprisal is a great motivator and removal of that motivator is resulting in a much dirtier game where players have less and less respect for each other.

Is this what we really want?


Do you actually think that Wilson would not hit Karlsson because he may have to fight Reeves? You have to be kidding me.

Is your solution a no holds barred bare knuckle fighting solution? It will be removed by the courts soon enough. I also guess the deaths of the enforcers by their own hands wasn't enough MOTIVATION to change.

You are sadly misguided.


Do you wear special clothing when you Pontificate like that?


Do you have a point in your disrespect for those who suffered? You are misguided and irrelevant. Try to defend your position.

You can't.[/quote]

No disrespect at all. Merely perspective.
0 x

Guest

Re: When will fighting be gone???

Postby Guest » Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:51 pm

Difference between a cop and a hockey player is one is an unfortunate position to be filled necessary to society for the greater good and the other is entertainment.
0 x

Guest

Re: When will fighting be gone???

Postby Guest » Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:53 pm

Guest wrote:Difference between a cop and a hockey player is one is an unfortunate position to be filled necessary to society for the greater good and the other is entertainment.


Agreed - so which one should be revered more?
0 x

Guest

Re: When will fighting be gone???

Postby Guest » Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:33 pm

There is no absolute way to prove the above players died because of fights. Also this is such a small percentage of players compared to the thousands that play the game each year. Fact is horse racing has more deaths that you can absolutely say is caused by the sport.
Now we all understand that you value saftey first and you are scared shitless to let your little nerd play a contact game , but really Dexter,grow some balls. BTW intimidation was a big part of our Canadian game.
0 x

Guest

Re: When will fighting be gone???

Postby Guest » Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:36 pm

Every player should follow the code. First punch goes directly to the chin, if he doesn't go down fight somebody else next time.
0 x

Guest

Re: When will fighting be gone???

Postby Guest » Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:40 pm

Some of these died of drug overdoses. That is a huge problem, but your government is starting to legalize street drugs, signaling to kids it is safe.
Drugs kill more people than car accidents, and you are worried about a concussion. Wait until your kid ruins his brain with legal TCP
0 x

Guest

Re: When will fighting be gone???

Postby Guest » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:00 pm

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:.....

Bobby Orr is a great example - his career cut short based on knee injuries that were the result of dirty hits and vicious slashes through the years. Do you think he would have lasted that long in the NHL without the help of some fighters to protect him? Answer - hot a hope.

Orr lived in an era of fighter and bench brawls-clearly it didn't work for him. Your argument for the effectiveness of fighting was just blown apart.


Fear of reprisal is a great motivator and removal of that motivator is resulting in a much dirtier game where players have less and less respect for each other.

Is this what we really want?


Do you actually think that Wilson would not hit Karlsson because he may have to fight Reeves? You have to be kidding me.

Is your solution a no holds barred bare knuckle fighting solution? It will be removed by the courts soon enough. I also guess the deaths of the enforcers by their own hands wasn't enough MOTIVATION to change.

You are sadly misguided.


Do you wear special clothing when you Pontificate like that?


Do you have a point in your disrespect for those who suffered? You are misguided and irrelevant. Try to defend your position.

You can't.


No disrespect at all. Merely perspective.[/quote]

Complete disrespect.

What is your perspective?
0 x

Guest

Re: When will fighting be gone???

Postby Guest » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:03 pm

Guest wrote:I agree. Fighting and hitting both can lead to concussions. When the hammer comes down both will be gone and we will have a game full of fast midgets on figure skates.



So what future of hockey would you want for your kid? Seems like you enjoy seeing other people beat themselves into mental illness, chronic pain, addiction, loss, family issues and sometimes death. Great perspective. When the NHL is held accountable through the courts, change will happen.
0 x

Guest

Re: When will fighting be gone???

Postby Guest » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:09 pm

Guest wrote:There is no absolute way to prove the above players died because of fights. Also this is such a small percentage of players compared to the thousands that play the game each year. Fact is horse racing has more deaths that you can absolutely say is caused by the sport.
Now we all understand that you value saftey first and you are scared shitless to let your little nerd play a contact game , but really Dexter,grow some balls. BTW intimidation was a big part of our Canadian game.



Pretty sure Boynton's account of his life his reflective of those that took theirs. What is the percentage of players that you speak of? Is it restricted specifically to those that kill themselves, those with addiction, those with mental health issues, those in chronic pain? What stats do you speak of and where did you get them? I don't know the number involved in the lawsuit, but the number in the NFL was high. The financial accountability forced upon the NHL will be high. Are you going to argue those numbers.

Where is your horse racing facts?

I think you are an ignorant, uniformed sad sack, who disrespects those that have actually lived it, some died, and many suffer daily.

Well done.

You couldn't last a second in the shoes of those currently suffering. You're a joke
0 x

Google

This When will fighting be gone??? Topic is Sponsored by:

Postby Google » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:09 pm

0 x
Guest

Re: When will fighting be gone???

Postby Guest » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:14 pm

Guest wrote:Some of these died of drug overdoses. That is a huge problem, but your government is starting to legalize street drugs, signaling to kids it is safe.
Drugs kill more people than car accidents, and you are worried about a concussion. Wait until your kid ruins his brain with legal TCP


Many people OD to kill themselves-you didn't know that?

Marijuana is being legalized-they didn't OD on weed.

Alcohol is legal, but you have to be 19 to drink it in Ontario. This is the same message as will be for weed. Is there a difference to you somehow?

Yes drugs kill many people-show me your stats on your claims. Marijuana is NOT LEGAL for kids. Are you that simple??

The NHL is for entertainment, and hockey is played by kids-legally. We need some standards that don't affect the health in such a bad manner. We have the CDSA and the CC that govern drugs and the HTA that govern road safety. We have nothing for head injury during our entertainment.

You should get off the drugs.
0 x

Guest

Re: When will fighting be gone???

Postby Guest » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:06 pm

It seems between two threads Mr Eristic had himself quite a 1/2 hour of self fulfilling fun. Funny part is the only things he showed himself for is his lack of thoughtfulness and equal capabilities where intelligence is concerned. He definitely personifies the five traits of ................
0 x

Guest

Re: When will fighting be gone???

Postby Guest » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:13 pm



Is Daniel Carcillo being alarmist?

Is Daniel Carcillo pontificating?

Does Daniel Carcillo need help for repeated brain injuries?

Daniel Carcillo's head traumas were caused by fighting in hockey-as well as other hits.

How many Carcillo's do we need to make a change? And he's still with us!

Some posters here want people to take the risk with their long term health for their entertainment. This is a sad reality that is stalling the movement to make change.

The following post is disgusting:

"How do we view these guys who got paid to do a job in comparison to the 1,000s who die of drug overdoses who never once had what these guys got? These guys who chose to play roles and were well compensated for those roles. While it is a shame they have had bad issues since - they are an overwhelming minority and, in comparison to society as a whole really are not an epidemic as your level of alarm would suggest. There is more to life than hockey."

Compare the causes of those who are on drugs. Get those stats! By the way these NHL'ers are idolized by 100's of 1000's of our youth who watch them daily. They, directly influence our children. OVERWHELMING MINORITY!?!?!?! WTF are you talking about? Minority compared to whom? Where are your stats? They may be a minority of the population, however they have far more of an influence over our youth than pretty much most others.

Well done Carcillo for stepping up and wanting to hold the NHL accountable. That's a term everyone wants to avoid.
0 x

Guest

Re: When will fighting be gone???

Postby Guest » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:22 pm

Guest wrote:https://www.facebook.com/theplayerstribune/videos/195108587859490/

Is Daniel Carcillo being alarmist?...............



Where are your stats? You keep criticizing and demanding proof yet you produce very little in term of evidence to support your claims or your concerns. Instead you rely on the anecdotes of others and champion the "crusade" like you lived it yourself. Until recently you still cheered for every fight. You're a hypocrite of the highest order who changes points of view to suit your own needs more than you change your own underwear.
0 x

Guest

Re: When will fighting be gone???

Postby Guest » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:29 pm

Guest wrote:There is no absolute way to prove the above players died because of fights. Also this is such a small percentage of players compared to the thousands that play the game each year. Fact is horse racing has more deaths that you can absolutely say is caused by the sport.
Now we all understand that you value saftey first and you are scared shitless to let your little nerd play a contact game , but really Dexter,grow some balls. BTW intimidation was a big part of our Canadian game.


Fact-more than 3 concussions give you more than an 80% increased chance of developing parkinsons, dementia or alzheimers disease. Looks like this one profession has a disproportionally large portion of it's employees with repeated head trauma. Looks like they encourage their employees to engage in actions that increase their risks of being a victim of head trauma. Looks like they have hidden this information from their employees. This will be a very interesting court ruling.

Maybe all these 300 NHL players are just being alarmists and pontificating on something that really isn't that bad eh.
0 x

Guest

Re: When will fighting be gone???

Postby Guest » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:31 pm

Guest wrote:It seems between two threads Mr Eristic had himself quite a 1/2 hour of self fulfilling fun. Funny part is the only things he showed himself for is his lack of thoughtfulness and equal capabilities where intelligence is concerned. He definitely personifies the five traits of ................



You don't even have an argument and are thoughtless. At least have an opinion-or are you afraid to post one.
0 x

Guest

Re: When will fighting be gone???

Postby Guest » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:37 pm

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:There is no absolute way to prove the above players died because of fights. Also this is such a small percentage of players compared to the thousands that play the game each year. Fact is horse racing has more deaths that you can absolutely say is caused by the sport.
Now we all understand that you value saftey first and you are scared shitless to let your little nerd play a contact game , but really Dexter,grow some balls. BTW intimidation was a big part of our Canadian game.


Fact-more than 3 concussions give you more than an 80% increased chance of developing parkinsons, dementia or alzheimers disease. Looks like this one profession has a disproportionally large portion of it's employees with repeated head trauma. Looks like they encourage their employees to engage in actions that increase their risks of being a victim of head trauma. Looks like they have hidden this information from their employees. This will be a very interesting court ruling.

Maybe all these 300 NHL players are just being alarmists and pontificating on something that really isn't that bad eh.


At what point do the players take responsibility for the decisions they made. No one made them fill the roles they filled. They made those choices themselves. They chose large dollar paycheques as compensation for those roles. They could have said no and gone on to another profession.
0 x

Guest

Re: When will fighting be gone???

Postby Guest » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:48 pm

https://www.macleans.ca/sports/ken-dryd ... th-hockey/

Is Ken Dryden being alarmist and pontificating? He has a little credibility here don't you think?

Listen for the crickets to follow here as those posting here have no answer.
0 x


Return to “2004 and Older”



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider] and 12 guests