OMHA AGM

OMHA AGM

Postby Guest » Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:48 pm

If your going to AGM be sure to bring your sunglasses - all the white hair at head table will blind you.

It will look like dinner at the old folks home at that head table.
3 x

Re: OMHA AGM

Postby Guest » Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:17 pm

The perfect Judge and Jury to deal with the Markham Waxers motion to eliminate the LOR and imprison our kids. All because of their inability and incompetance to offer a competitive program.

Wish we could do that with our customers in the real world.
1 x

Postby Guest » Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:47 pm

What don't you like; that you have to come back every year?

It would eliminate chasing releases. Now you can go straight to where you want after your home centre lets you go.
1 x

Postby Guest » Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:56 pm

It's pretty much the same motion Waxers put in last year that was defeated. This year will be no different.
1 x

Postby Guest » Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:37 pm

Guest wrote:It's pretty much the same motion Waxers put in last year that was defeated. This year will be no different.

The funny thing is I actually 'get' where the waxers are coming from. My own kid fled the waxers for the G this year. Did we leave because we think we've found a better team and a better learning situation? Absolutely. However, there is always a better coach somewhere, and the issue with the team is easily solved as a closed center like say...YSE? In my son's age group there are at least 6 kids, possibly more, who've moved to the G. This will make a bad situation worse. In my son's age group if every kid from Markham zone had to play for Markham they'd have a much more competitive team. Much more. Did we take advantage of the rules? Yup, but I can't blame the waxers for trying to hold on to kids when they play against organizations that don't have to lose any kid they don't want to lose.

People say things like 'if they had a better program then they'd attract kids'. Honestly that's a load of crap. At AAA every hockey dad wants his kid on the best team he can get his kid on. Hopefully best means a combination of success and teaching. So even if you offer a good program and have a good team you'll lose kids to what is perceived as even better - in this instance that means the G. I'm actually not sure what a 'better program' is though. There aren't many programs in minor hockey in Ontario. in the LOR a good program usually means a top 5 team in the G. But often those top 5 teams got that way via recruitment and not teaching. Sometimes it's because of top end coaching but often it's good recruiting. So if you're the waxers this is likely all extremely frustrating. I get what they want to do. I had to do what I thought was best for my kid and the waxers were pissed that we left. I'd make the same proposal if I were on the waxers executive though.
1 x

Postby Guest » Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:11 pm

People say things like 'if they had a better program then they'd attract kids'. Honestly that's a load of crap. At AAA every hockey dad wants his kid on the best team he can get his kid on. Hopefully best means a combination of success and teaching. So even if you offer a good program and have a good team you'll lose kids to what is perceived as even better - in this instance that means the G. I'm actually not sure what a 'better program' is though. There aren't many programs in minor hockey in Ontario. in the LOR a good program usually means a top 5 team in the G. But often those top 5 teams got that way via recruitment and not teaching. Sometimes it's because of top end coaching but often it's good recruiting. So if you're the waxers this is likely all extremely frustrating. I get what they want to do. I had to do what I thought was best for my kid and the waxers were pissed that we left. I'd make the same proposal if I were on the waxers executive though.[/quote]

That's a real load of crap! They're "extremely frustrated" so the answer is to lockup the kids and throw away the key? If they can't support a team, then they probably shouldn't have one.
1 x

Postby Guest » Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:19 pm

Guest wrote:People say things like 'if they had a better program then they'd attract kids'. Honestly that's a load of crap. At AAA every hockey dad wants his kid on the best team he can get his kid on. Hopefully best means a combination of success and teaching. So even if you offer a good program and have a good team you'll lose kids to what is perceived as even better - in this instance that means the G. I'm actually not sure what a 'better program' is though. There aren't many programs in minor hockey in Ontario. in the LOR a good program usually means a top 5 team in the G. But often those top 5 teams got that way via recruitment and not teaching. Sometimes it's because of top end coaching but often it's good recruiting. So if you're the waxers this is likely all extremely frustrating. I get what they want to do. I had to do what I thought was best for my kid and the waxers were pissed that we left. I'd make the same proposal if I were on the waxers executive though.

That's a real load of crap! They're "extremely frustrated" so the answer is to lockup the kids and throw away the key? If they can't support a team, then they probably shouldn't have one.[/quote]
well from the waxers perspective they likely think that most of their opponents get to lockup kids and throw away the key. And with the exception, in their league, of APR and RHC, they're likely not far off. Ask teams like Whitby or Barrie or YSE if they'd like to be in a situation where a half dozen kids, likely on the top half of their teams, just up and leave. it's like fighting with one hand tied behind your back. I know it's tempting to say improve the 'program' and reverse the trend but I can tell you the G is king. whether real or perceived, people want their kid in that league for the competition, the exposure and often less travel, and it doesn't matter what program you put together people can't resist.
1 x

Postby Guest » Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:21 pm

I start a post on the dinasaurs that run the OMHA and it becomes a Waxer post - ok!
3 x

Postby Guest » Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:26 pm

Guest wrote:The perfect Judge and Jury to deal with the Markham Waxers motion to eliminate the LOR and imprison our kids. All because of their inability and incompetance to offer a competitive program.

Wish we could do that with our customers in the real world.

Waxers can cry all they want to the OMHA. LOR is dealt with by the OHF, not OMHA
3 x

Postby Guest » Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:37 pm

Every player should be allowed one wild card or release in their hockey life. Up to them as to when and how they use it. After that initial release they would be required to revert back to the rules.

Or something to this effect. Loosen it up a little bit.
1 x

Postby Guest » Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:12 pm

Guest wrote:Every player should be allowed one wild card or release in their hockey life. Up to them as to when and how they use it. After that initial release they would be required to revert back to the rules.

Or something to this effect. Loosen it up a little bit.

I really hope the Burlington exec is there, he has a great dynamic vision that puts kids and development first. Because of the excellence of the program no one ever wants to get out.

Gives closed centres a good name. JT rocks!
2 x

Postby Guest » Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:39 am

Who is older the OMHA executive or the Silverstick executive?

I love it when you ask a Silverstick rep "why is that still here?'...and you get "well in 1962 when we first started this tournament..."
2 x

Google

This OMHA AGM Topic is Sponsored by:

Postby Google » Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:39 am

2 x

Postby Guest » Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:19 am

So what happened?
1 x

Postby Guest » Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:54 am

I know what should happen at the AGM. They should vote in new reps who:

- Have kids still playing hockey - these people can better relate to the struggles and challenges of archaic boundary rules and restrictions and dwindling numbers.
- Reps who act professionally. Reps who reply to emails and phone calls.
- Reps who UNDERSTAND the rules and regulations.
3 x

Postby Guest » Wed Jul 04, 2018 6:31 am

It's all so archaic. That is why outlaw leagues are gaining strength.
Run, Run as fast you can to get out of OMHA land.

Last bumped by Anonymous on Wed Jul 04, 2018 6:31 am.
3 x