OJDL needs goalies

OJDL needs goalies

Postby Guest » Thu Jun 07, 2018 5:47 pm

Wow it has been really bad this year.

I guess year after year the quality will drop off over time.
2 x

Re: OJDL needs goalies

Postby Guest » Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:54 pm

Guest wrote:Wow it has been really bad this year.

What is OJDL?
2 x

Postby Guest » Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:20 pm

Guest wrote:

What is OJDL?

its a low end summer hockey league. why it needs to be discussed on here is beyond me.
3 x

Postby Guest » Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:18 pm

little to no good for goalie in this dev't league or any other dev't league in summer
2 x

Postby Guest » Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:53 am

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

What is OJDL?

its a low end summer hockey league. why it needs to be discussed on here is beyond me.

Guessing your son is not even half decent enough to be called to play in it so you require to post negative comments about a well run league that has and have several top OHL draft picks playing in it? Do your research Idiot before you comment.... Btw, the D stands for development where id assume your son needs more then most or is he riding on his dads wallet to success?
2 x

Postby Guest » Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:03 pm

Can you please let us know what top prospects are playing?

I looked at all lineups and did not find any

Everyone knows this league is a total cash grab Dad
4 x

Postby Guest » Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:11 pm

Teams were filled with AA goalies last year. Some went on to play pjhl. Wow!
3 x

Postby Guest » Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:35 pm

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

What is OJDL?

Guessing your son is not even half decent enough to be called to play in it so you require to post negative comments about a well run league that has and have several top OHL draft picks playing in it? Do your research Idiot before you comment.... Btw, the D stands for development where id assume your son needs more then most or is he riding on his dads wallet to success?

My son played in the league as a 16 year old without playing in this summer league, who knew...

Take a look at last years rosters and top scorers, how many ended up in the OJHL, Ill wait :D
2 x

Postby Guest » Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:05 am

I did not know anything about the league so like everyone I googled it....I found it interesting that they feel the need to "confirm" teams for the upcoming season...makes you wonder about how viable a product is...ohh wait it has 416 teams so it MUST be the place to be
2 x

Postby Guest » Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:37 pm

Guest wrote:I did not know anything about the league so like everyone I googled it....I found it interesting that they feel the need to "confirm" teams for the upcoming season...makes you wonder about how viable a product is...ohh wait it has 416 teams so it MUST be the place to be

You might want to take a class in googling up the proper information. There are 10 teams, 2 divisions not 416 teams LMAO.

The teams are made up of future Junior A prospects for teams from the OJHL. These teams are run by the head coaches of those OJHL Junior A clubs. Those kids that are "invited" to participate in OJDL spring hockey will have a foot in the door before the tryouts take place and a good percentage will be signed or AP-ed.

Shows what you know by guessing or your poor googling.
2 x

Postby Guest » Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:25 pm

Seriously? Invited and the next to land a spot? Put your beer down
7 x

Postby Guest » Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:44 pm

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:I did not know anything about the league so like everyone I googled it....I found it interesting that they feel the need to "confirm" teams for the upcoming season...makes you wonder about how viable a product is...ohh wait it has 416 teams so it MUST be the place to be

You might want to take a class in googling up the proper information. There are 10 teams, 2 divisions not 416 teams LMAO.

The teams are made up of future Junior A prospects for teams from the OJHL. These teams are run by the head coaches of those OJHL Junior A clubs. Those kids that are "invited" to participate in OJDL spring hockey will have a foot in the door before the tryouts take place and a good percentage will be signed or AP-ed.

This is hilarious
7 x

Google

This OJDL needs goalies Topic is Sponsored by:

Postby Google » Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:44 pm

7 x

Postby Guest » Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:27 pm

This is a HUGE cash grab and none of the Jr A teams are picking players based upon going or not going and there is certainly no development going on. I pity the goalies, as on most teams there is very little back checking (look at the scores) In fact, I think it was worse last year when we played in it. What this is, is a series of local games for older kids that would otherwise not be playing. If you want to see Junior A prospects playing alongside some current Jr A players, look at the TEP rosters. The OJDL rosters do not have many Jr A players and look at last years rosters and search to see if those players ended up on a Jr A team.
4 x

Postby Guest » Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:30 am

right off the site

OJDL PLAYERS OF INTEREST: UNDRAFTED SNIPER OUT TO PROVE OHL SCOUTS WRONG

UNDRAFTED!!!...I thought it was all top prospects
2 x

Postby Guest » Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:36 am

This discussion is hilarious. Especially the people who believe this is a step towards playing JrA. Take the top 10 goalies. The #1 ranked goalie is drafted, and american so probably didn’t know any better. Of the remaining 9 all are undrafted, 2 are 03’s. One plays gmhl and one plays for Blythe. Clearly all were carefully selected and are being developed for the next level. Lol.
4 x

Postby Guest » Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:00 pm

If you don't have at least a .925 Save % in this league than save your money and take your kid down to Houseleague. I am not kidding. I know it is wide open hockey and maybe the D aren't as good as most but the forwards aren't AAA calibre except for maybe 2 throughout the whole league.
2 x

Postby Guest » Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:02 pm

Any pigeon with a cheque book is “invited” to play in this league.

The concept the first year did have merit but talent each sucesssive year has gone down hill and cost for what you get is outrageous.

The $ collected is great source of revenue for the teams
4 x

Postby Guest » Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:57 pm

My son was ‘invited’ via email. Offering him all kinds of opportunities to get in front of scouts. He hasn’t played in any league for 3 years.
4 x

Postby Guest » Sat Jun 16, 2018 12:01 pm

Great showcase league for 2000 goalies looking to land Jr spot...getting scored on by undrafted and AA 2002s and 2003s will have scouts drooling
3 x

Postby Guest » Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:30 pm

Guest wrote:
I did not know anything about the league so like everyone I googled it....I found it interesting that they feel the need to "confirm" teams for the upcoming season...makes you wonder about how viable a product is...ohh wait it has 416 teams so it MUST be the place to be

It was posted it HAS 416 teams so in your case reading is fundamental
2 x