Ottawa AAA 04 2017/18

Re: Ottawa AAA 04 2017/18

Postby Guest » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:45 pm

Guest wrote:Education is not second rate, it may actually be better since their teachers are not protected by a union. Also, school is integrated with hockey versus your kid trying to manage school and practice

Sure I bet the schools told you so..... That balance makes a kid better at managing life.
0 x

Postby Guest » Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:16 pm

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:Education is not second rate, it may actually be better since their teachers are not protected by a union. Also, school is integrated with hockey versus your kid trying to manage school and practice

Sure I bet the schools told you so..... That balance makes a kid better at managing life.

ya all that travelling around in the car is a great "life manager" tool. Less time for other interests, give up your life for hockey-kid. Excellent lesson in balance. Academies are the next level of development, not only for the hockey player but overall person. It gives them more options, that is a good thing.

Access to better, full time, paid coaching, with trainers, gyms etc at your finger tips.

Ah you would rather have him spending hours in a car.
2 x

Postby Guest » Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:27 am

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

ya all that travelling around in the car is a great "life manager" tool. Less time for other interests, give up your life for hockey-kid. Excellent lesson in balance. Academies are the next level of development, not only for the hockey player but overall person. It gives them more options, that is a good thing.

Access to better, full time, paid coaching, with trainers, gyms etc at your finger tips.

Ah you would rather have him spending hours in a car.

So your kid is going? Tell us more.
0 x

Postby Guest » Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:47 pm

When is the Upper HEO Cyclones tryouts! Lol. Can’t wait to see that mix bag of players. How many imports can they take according to rules or is it wide open?
Rsl may have one kid that will get some notice (for all the wrong reasons) 3rd line grinder at best. The best RSL kids aren’t going. Rangers are in similar situation where a couple kids who could make it aren’t going. S7 don’t have anyone. Heard 2 kids from last year going back to AA cause team won’t be better than last year, 1 gone to Kingston, 1 moved to Myers and 1 trying to move to Wild. Doesn’t sound like a good situation for anyone. Heard some Seaway kids may come back or Wild cuts. All rumors of course but just wondering really how many imports team can take?
0 x

Postby Guest » Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:59 pm

Guest wrote:When is the Upper HEO Cyclones tryouts! Lol. Can’t wait to see that mix bag of players. How many imports can they take according to rules or is it wide open?
Rsl may have one kid that will get some notice (for all the wrong reasons) 3rd line grinder at best. The best RSL kids aren’t going. Rangers are in similar situation where a couple kids who could make it aren’t going. S7 don’t have anyone. Heard 2 kids from last year going back to AA cause team won’t be better than last year, 1 gone to Kingston, 1 moved to Myers and 1 trying to move to Wild. Doesn’t sound like a good situation for anyone. Heard some Seaway kids may come back or Wild cuts. All rumors of course but just wondering really how many imports team can take?

They can take as many as the association wants or needs. All the RSL, Rangers and S7 kids will be there... don't let the dads fool you, they want their kid to play AAA and they are hoping all stay away so they can get a spot no matter how good/bad the team is.
0 x

Postby Guest » Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:22 pm

Lets not kid ourselves there are no top S7 Ranger or RSL kids.
0 x

Postby Guest » Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:25 pm

Apparently lots of Kanata/Nepean kids trying out for Myers this year. Good luck to all
0 x

Postby Guest » Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:03 pm

I don’t expect a lot of kids trying out for 67s

We have 2 intro squad games and two games on one day. I guess the coach thinks he going to have enough kids for two teams. I am thinking two line teams at most
0 x

Postby Guest » Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:20 pm

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:When is the Upper HEO Cyclones tryouts! Lol. Can’t wait to see that mix bag of players. How many imports can they take according to rules or is it wide open?

They can take as many as the association wants or needs. All the RSL, Rangers and S7 kids will be there... don't let the dads fool you, they want their kid to play AAA and they are hoping all stay away so they can get a spot no matter how good/bad the team is.

So in essence they are letter chasing! Why play on a team that is that bad, I don’t get it. I heard the Assoc will take 4 imports minimum at major bantam and then evaluate after if that is enough.
0 x

Postby Guest » Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:38 pm

You play at the level of your abilities, or play at a lower level to get a bunch of points and wins.

The cyclones always played hard and played more as a team than the others.

If they had more reasonable ice times, they would have more kids at tryouts
0 x

Postby Guest » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:36 pm

Guest wrote:You play at the level of your abilities, or play at a lower level to get a bunch of points and wins.

The cyclones always played hard and played more as a team than the others.

If they had more reasonable ice times, they would have more kids at tryouts

Everyone always says play at lower level and get a bunch of points, it never happens but is funny to always here people say that.
How do you draw that conclusion that they always played more as a team than others? Don’t agree with third point about ice times either. Every association has to deal with early ice times.
1 x

Postby Guest » Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:08 am

Early Cyclone practice times make it difficult for some imports to consider the Cyclones as an option. Those early practice times are not an issue if you live close by. If the Association doesn’t have enough players to be competitive and needs imports then maybe they should look at where and when they practice to draw more players.
0 x

Google

This Ottawa AAA 04 2017/18 Topic is Sponsored by:

Postby Google » Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:08 am

0 x

Postby Guest » Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:13 am

Guest wrote:Early Cyclone practice times make it difficult for some imports to consider the Cyclones as an option. Those early practice times are not an issue if you live close by. If the Association doesn’t have enough players to be competitive and needs imports then maybe they should look at where and when they practice to draw more players.

That’s a valid point however I also believe those imports cut from other associations will do whatever is necessary to get there to stay in or get into the AAA league.
1 x

Postby Guest » Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:58 am

Guest wrote:I don’t expect a lot of kids trying out for 67s

We have 2 intro squad games and two games on one day. I guess the coach thinks he going to have enough kids for two teams. I am thinking two line teams at most

What makes you think that?
0 x

Postby Guest » Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:44 pm

Cobras and Aces had a strong finish, so I expect a few then to try out for wild and titans.
Both teams lost a few players, which attracts more kids at tryouts since there are openings.

Myers lost one but also gained one. Also summer development sessions may mean limited opportunities.

67s lose one but rangers and sting have limited prospects.

Cyclones lost a goalie and one forward, goalie will hard to replace however they should get back titans goalie. So I expect with better coaching, the team will be much improved
0 x

Postby Guest » Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:35 pm

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:Early Cyclone practice times make it difficult for some imports to consider the Cyclones as an option. Those early practice times are not an issue if you live close by. If the Association doesn’t have enough players to be competitive and needs imports then maybe they should look at where and when they practice to draw more players.

That’s a valid point however I also believe those imports cut from other associations will do whatever is necessary to get there to stay in or get into the AAA league.

I've seen some kids in spring develop better in AA than AAA
0 x

Postby Guest » Sat Jul 14, 2018 1:09 am

Better figure it out. Next year is Draft Year
0 x

Postby Guest » Sat Jul 14, 2018 1:02 pm

Guest wrote:Cobras and Aces had a strong finish, so I expect a few then to try out for wild and titans.
Both teams lost a few players, which attracts more kids at tryouts since there are openings.

Myers lost one but also gained one. Also summer development sessions may mean limited opportunities.

Cyclones lost a goalie and one forward, goalie will hard to replace however they should get back titans goalie. So I expect with better coaching, the team will be much improved

Cyclones will be worse hate saying it, they lost 2 forwards not 1 and heard a 3rd may not be going back plus like you said the goalie will be hard to replace. How in the hell is better coaching going to improve this team, coaching only goes so far and you could argue last year's coach got as much as he could out of that bunch and now 2 of their decent forwards are gone and their top goalie who kept them in alot of games. Overall the team will be weaker cause you can't just replace those bodies leaving or the bodies replacing them aren't of the same talent level. If it wasn't for the 2 new teams starting this year I'd say it will be Cyclones worse year yet! Every team gets better except one.
0 x

Postby Guest » Sat Jul 14, 2018 1:11 pm

Guest wrote:Cobras and Aces had a strong finish, so I expect a few then to try out for wild and titans.

I can see S7 kids trying their hardest to make that Cyclones team cause its a bad team but don't understand why any Kings or Rangers kids would want to play their as they already have decent AA teams. Same said with Kanata cuts coming as imports as that team was very good according to stats. Will Seaway kids be trying to make the trek back to Cyclones considering how bad their team was last year, surprising how they make early practices a few years ago. This is a team the league could do without to make it stronger, let the kids on that team tryout for other AAA teams and fold it.
2 x

Postby Guest » Sat Jul 14, 2018 2:15 pm

Guest wrote:Lets not kid ourselves there are no top S7 Ranger or RSL kids.

S7 kids will all be released and Tryout with Cyclones. Titans will have new goalie, back to Cyclones. Two forwards, one gone to us and one back on D full time. Will fill those with previous player from first year and one Aces player. Defense will have two openings maybe one.
0 x