2009 Triple A

Guest

2009 Triple A

Postby Guest » Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:07 am



Hello,
just wanted to know if I still have a chance for my kid to play at this level. We went to the tryout and the coach said to come out again, he said he wanted to see him one more time to valuat him .

Is this norm?

My kid came from a tier 3 and is a top player .

Thanks for advice.
1 x

Guest

Re: 2009 Triple A

Postby Guest » Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:54 am

Guest wrote:Hello,
just wanted to know if I still have a chance for my kid to play at this level. We went to the tryout and the coach said to come out again, he said he wanted to see him one more time to valuat him .

Is this norm?

My kid came from a tier 3 and is a top player .

Thanks for advice.

What team was the tryout for?
1 x

Guest

Re: 2009 Triple A

Postby Guest » Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:17 am

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:Hello,
just wanted to know if I still have a chance for my kid to play at this level. We went to the tryout and the coach said to come out again, he said he wanted to see him one more time to valuat him .

Is this norm?

My kid came from a tier 3 and is a top player .

Thanks for advice.

What team was the tryout for?



TM
1 x

Guest

Re: 2009 Triple A

Postby Guest » Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:05 am

If you really want him to have a shot at an AAA team, don't take him to TM or JRC tryouts. Those coaches are happy to take your tryout fee but your kid isn't going to make the team. Take him to tryouts for teams that actually have room, like NYK or others. Call the coaches today and ask them honestly if they have spots. But honestly, my real advice if your kid was in Tier 3 is to put him in AA next year. There is plenty of time to move up. If he's really AAA capable a year of doing really well in AA might do him good.
7 x

Guest

Re: 2009 Triple A

Postby Guest » Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:51 am

Guest wrote:If you really want him to have a shot at an AAA team, don't take him to TM or JRC tryouts. Those coaches are happy to take your tryout fee but your kid isn't going to make the team. Take him to tryouts for teams that actually have room, like NYK or others. Call the coaches today and ask them honestly if they have spots. But honestly, my real advice if your kid was in Tier 3 is to put him in AA next year. There is plenty of time to move up. If he's really AAA capable a year of doing really well in AA might do him good.



Thanks for your honesty, will do as you say
1 x

Guest

Re: 2009 Triple A

Postby Guest » Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:50 pm

Vegas early rankings for next year:

1. VK should be the early favourites good coach and the core group plays well together. One of the top 09s in the age group if not the top.
2. JRC maybe the deepest team in terms of talent. Could easily finish 1st. Maybe 3 if the top players in the age group.
3. TM disappointing year for much of the core from DDB but very talented group and some great new additions. Two top kids in the age group.
4. TT - NT/GB/DDB could challenge any of the 3 teams ahead of them. Great goaltending. Too D and fwd in age group.
5. MM - DDR core and added top kid from EY. The team has plenty of talent could move up from here. Two top kids that can play with any other in age group and can win a game for the team when on.
6. MR DDS core and replaced a couple kids that left. Have a very good player in the age group and a new kid coming in that is a top player.
7. DMF much of EY core but lost 2 of their top 3 players which they didn’t replace but could challenge for 6.
8. TN recruited one of the better DDS players could challenge one or 2 spots higher but also could be moved out of playoffs by MS. Pro coming in as coach should challenge the kids play their best.
9. MS should fight for a playoff position.
10. NYR great player in the age group going there but not much support.
11.Reps Good coaching
12. TRW will be lucky to win a game
1 x

Guest

Re: 2009 Triple A

Postby Guest » Sun Jul 08, 2018 6:57 am

Guest wrote:Vegas early rankings for next year:

1. VK should be the early favourites good coach and the core group plays well together. One of the top 09s in the age group if not the top.
2. JRC maybe the deepest team in terms of talent. Could easily finish 1st. Maybe 3 if the top players in the age group.
3. TM disappointing year for much of the core from DDB but very talented group and some great new additions. Two top kids in the age group.
4. TT - NT/GB/DDB could challenge any of the 3 teams ahead of them. Great goaltending. Too D and fwd in age group.
5. MM - DDR core and added top kid from EY. The team has plenty of talent could move up from here. Two top kids that can play with any other in age group and can win a game for the team when on.
6. MR DDS core and replaced a couple kids that left. Have a very good player in the age group and a new kid coming in that is a top player.
7. DMF much of EY core but lost 2 of their top 3 players which they didn’t replace but could challenge for 6.
8. TN recruited one of the better DDS players could challenge one or 2 spots higher but also could be moved out of playoffs by MS. Pro coming in as coach should challenge the kids play their best.
9. MS should fight for a playoff position.
10. NYR great player in the age group going there but not much support.
11.Reps Good coaching
12. TRW will be lucky to win a game


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
0 x

Guest

Re: 2009 Triple A

Postby Guest » Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:44 am

pretty accurate...
1 x

Guest

Re: 2009 Triple A

Postby Guest » Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:57 pm

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:Vegas early rankings for next year:

1. VK should be the early favourites good coach and the core group plays well together. One of the top 09s in the age group if not the top.
2. JRC maybe the deepest team in terms of talent. Could easily finish 1st. Maybe 3 if the top players in the age group.
3. TM disappointing year for much of the core from DDB but very talented group and some great new additions. Two top kids in the age group.
4. TT - NT/GB/DDB could challenge any of the 3 teams ahead of them. Great goaltending. Too D and fwd in age group.
5. MM - DDR core and added top kid from EY. The team has plenty of talent could move up from here. Two top kids that can play with any other in age group and can win a game for the team when on.
6. MR DDS core and replaced a couple kids that left. Have a very good player in the age group and a new kid coming in that is a top player.
7. DMF much of EY core but lost 2 of their top 3 players which they didn’t replace but could challenge for 6.
8. TN recruited one of the better DDS players could challenge one or 2 spots higher but also could be moved out of playoffs by MS. Pro coming in as coach should challenge the kids play their best.
9. MS should fight for a playoff position.
10. NYR great player in the age group going there but not much support.
11.Reps Good coaching
12. TRW will be lucky to win a game

JRC
VK
MR
TM
DMF
TT
MM
TN
MS
NYR
MR
TRW
0 x

Guest

Re: 2009 Triple A

Postby Guest » Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:57 pm

VK will be #1. JRC has shown all spring that they are not the top kids in the area.
0 x

Guest

Re: 2009 Triple A

Postby Guest » Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:40 pm

Guest wrote:pretty accurate...



Not really. Drop the puck get ready to be surprised the only people that post this nonsense. TT MM JRC always ranked high not a top coach between at least 2 of them
0 x

Guest

Re: 2009 Triple A

Postby Guest » Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:29 pm

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:pretty accurate...



Not really. Drop the puck get ready to be surprised the only people that post this nonsense. TT MM JRC always ranked high not a top coach between at least 2 of them



Please help me understand what "good coaching" is at the Minor Atom level? I think its safe to say that all the current Minor Atom coaches in the GTHL AAA loop are good coaches for the Minor Atom level. Please help me understand the context of your comment?
0 x

Google

This 2009 Triple A Topic is Sponsored by:

Postby Google » Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:29 pm

0 x
Guest

Re: 2009 Triple A

Postby Guest » Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:41 pm

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:pretty accurate...



Not really. Drop the puck get ready to be surprised the only people that post this nonsense. TT MM JRC always ranked high not a top coach between at least 2 of them



Please help me understand what "good coaching" is at the Minor Atom level? I think its safe to say that all the current Minor Atom coaches in the GTHL AAA loop are good coaches for the Minor Atom level. Please help me understand the context of your comment?


Being able to skate and demonstrate
0 x

Guest

Re: 2009 Triple A

Postby Guest » Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:55 pm

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:pretty accurate...



Not really. Drop the puck get ready to be surprised the only people that post this nonsense. TT MM JRC always ranked high not a top coach between at least 2 of them



Please help me understand what "good coaching" is at the Minor Atom level? I think its safe to say that all the current Minor Atom coaches in the GTHL AAA loop are good coaches for the Minor Atom level. Please help me understand the context of your comment?


Being able to skate and demonstrate


Well in that case the following coaches are out:

VK
MM
TT
DMF
1 x

Guest

Re: 2009 Triple A

Postby Guest » Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:37 pm

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:pretty accurate...



Not really. Drop the puck get ready to be surprised the only people that post this nonsense. TT MM JRC always ranked high not a top coach between at least 2 of them



Please help me understand what "good coaching" is at the Minor Atom level? I think its safe to say that all the current Minor Atom coaches in the GTHL AAA loop are good coaches for the Minor Atom level. Please help me understand the context of your comment?


Being able to skate and demonstrate


Well in that case the following coaches are out:

VK
MM
TT
DMF


Lol its so crazy ,obviously probably hasnt seen any of the following coaches on the ice. But still comes on with a opinion , What a low life
2 x

Guest

Re: 2009 Triple A

Postby Guest » Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:58 pm

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:pretty accurate...



Not really. Drop the puck get ready to be surprised the only people that post this nonsense. TT MM JRC always ranked high not a top coach between at least 2 of them



Please help me understand what "good coaching" is at the Minor Atom level? I think its safe to say that all the current Minor Atom coaches in the GTHL AAA loop are good coaches for the Minor Atom level. Please help me understand the context of your comment?


Being able to skate and demonstrate


Well in that case the following coaches are out:

VK
MM
TT
DMF


First go around non athlete parent for sure with this comment
1 x

Guest

Re: 2009 Triple A

Postby Guest » Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:35 pm

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:pretty accurate...



Not really. Drop the puck get ready to be surprised the only people that post this nonsense. TT MM JRC always ranked high not a top coach between at least 2 of them



Please help me understand what "good coaching" is at the Minor Atom level? I think its safe to say that all the current Minor Atom coaches in the GTHL AAA loop are good coaches for the Minor Atom level. Please help me understand the context of your comment?


Being able to skate and demonstrate


Well in that case the following coaches are out:

VK
MM
TT
DMF


First go around non athlete parent for sure with this comment


HAHA!!! If you guys think PM can skate and demonstrate drills like a guy like MV from JRC or RH from TYN then clearly we know who is a non athlete parent.
0 x

Guest

Re: 2009 Triple A

Postby Guest » Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:51 pm

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:pretty accurate...



Not really. Drop the puck get ready to be surprised the only people that post this nonsense. TT MM JRC always ranked high not a top coach between at least 2 of them



Please help me understand what "good coaching" is at the Minor Atom level? I think its safe to say that all the current Minor Atom coaches in the GTHL AAA loop are good coaches for the Minor Atom level. Please help me understand the context of your comment?


Being able to skate and demonstrate


Not true at all and in the words of George Bernard Shaw “"He who can, does; he who cannot, teaches.” - BOOK IT!
2 x

Guest

Re: 2009 Triple A

Postby Guest » Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:09 am

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:pretty accurate...



Not really. Drop the puck get ready to be surprised the only people that post this nonsense. TT MM JRC always ranked high not a top coach between at least 2 of them



Please help me understand what "good coaching" is at the Minor Atom level? I think its safe to say that all the current Minor Atom coaches in the GTHL AAA loop are good coaches for the Minor Atom level. Please help me understand the context of your comment?


Being able to skate and demonstrate


Not true at all and in the words of George Bernard Shaw “"He who can, does; he who cannot, teaches.” - BOOK IT!


Young kids are visual learners. Cant skate can't teach and kids will lose respect once they know you can't do what your asking them to do.
0 x

Guest

Re: 2009 Triple A

Postby Guest » Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:53 am

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:pretty accurate...



Not really. Drop the puck get ready to be surprised the only people that post this nonsense. TT MM JRC always ranked high not a top coach between at least 2 of them



Please help me understand what "good coaching" is at the Minor Atom level? I think its safe to say that all the current Minor Atom coaches in the GTHL AAA loop are good coaches for the Minor Atom level. Please help me understand the context of your comment?


Being able to skate and demonstrate


Well in that case the following coaches are out:

VK
MM
TT
DMF


First go around non athlete parent for sure with this comment


HAHA!!! If you guys think PM can skate and demonstrate drills like a guy like MV from JRC or RH from TYN then clearly we know who is a non athlete parent.


Do me a favour watch the video of Barry Trotz skate. Stanley cup champion. Coaching has nothing to do with demonstrating drills. Demonstrated drills are for skills development not coaching (systems,set plays, face offs etc) stick to mopping floors, a good coach coaches how to play the game right and the kids respond and constantly improve
1 x


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “General Hockey Talk”



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest