2009 Triple A

2009 Triple A

Postby Guest » Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:07 am

Hello,
just wanted to know if I still have a chance for my kid to play at this level. We went to the tryout and the coach said to come out again, he said he wanted to see him one more time to valuat him .

Is this norm?

My kid came from a tier 3 and is a top player .

Thanks for advice.
0 x

Re: 2009 Triple A

Postby Guest » Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:54 am

Guest wrote:Hello,
just wanted to know if I still have a chance for my kid to play at this level. We went to the tryout and the coach said to come out again, he said he wanted to see him one more time to valuat him .

Is this norm?

Thanks for advice.

What team was the tryout for?
0 x

Postby Guest » Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:17 am

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:Hello,

Is this norm?

Thanks for advice.

What team was the tryout for?

TM
0 x

Postby Guest » Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:05 am

If you really want him to have a shot at an AAA team, don't take him to TM or JRC tryouts. Those coaches are happy to take your tryout fee but your kid isn't going to make the team. Take him to tryouts for teams that actually have room, like NYK or others. Call the coaches today and ask them honestly if they have spots. But honestly, my real advice if your kid was in Tier 3 is to put him in AA next year. There is plenty of time to move up. If he's really AAA capable a year of doing really well in AA might do him good.
5 x

Postby Guest » Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:22 am

Guest wrote:If you really want him to have a shot at an AAA team, don't take him to TM or JRC tryouts. Those coaches are happy to take your tryout fee but your kid isn't going to make the team. Take him to tryouts for teams that actually have room, like NYK or others. Call the coaches today and ask them honestly if they have spots. But honestly, my real advice if your kid was in Tier 3 is to put him in AA next year. There is plenty of time to move up. If he's really AAA capable a year of doing really well in AA might do him good.

Thanks for your honesty, will do as you say
0 x