Do Skating treadmills work

Re: Do Skating treadmills work

Postby Guest » Fri May 18, 2018 7:50 am

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:treadmills do not work. Pro's don't use them nor do any high level hockey players.
it can help with posture and mechanics but it won't make you fast.

Join a gym and start dryland training to build power and explosive speed. It has changed my son from a slow guy to one of the faster guys now.

It can only help with posture in the glide which can be tiring holding this position for long periods. It does nothing for mechanics. And yes it does nothing to make you faster.

This is very boring. Seems like the same people shitting on stuff over and over again. Repeating yourself doesn't make your statements any more or less true.
0 x

Postby Guest » Fri May 18, 2018 8:39 am

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:treadmills do not work. Pro's don't use them nor do any high level hockey players.

Join a gym and start dryland training to build power and explosive speed. It has changed my son from a slow guy to one of the faster guys now.

It can only help with posture in the glide which can be tiring holding this position for long periods. It does nothing for mechanics. And yes it does nothing to make you faster.

This is very boring. Seems like the same people shitting on stuff over and over again. Repeating yourself doesn't make your statements any more or less true.

St least they provided information. What did you contribute? They are all discussing whether or not treadmills work. They are on topic. You, you are not. That’s boring.
0 x

Postby Guest » Fri May 18, 2018 8:42 am

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

St least they provided information. What did you contribute? They are all discussing whether or not treadmills work. They are on topic. You, you are not. That’s boring.

I contributed the more relevant posts earlier in the thread - not the repetitive drivel later on.
0 x

Postby Guest » Fri May 18, 2018 4:26 pm

TREADMILLS DO NOT WORK PERIOD!
0 x

Postby Guest » Fri May 18, 2018 7:24 pm

Says you. And your degree is in?
0 x

Postby Guest » Fri May 18, 2018 7:40 pm

Guest wrote:Says you. And your degree is in?

My degree is in Skateology.
0 x

Postby Guest » Fri May 18, 2018 9:11 pm

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

I contributed the more relevant posts earlier in the thread - not the repetitive drivel later on.

Not a chance. Treadmills not only don’t work they will screw up your stride. NO pros use them and NO sprinters use them either.

Keep using them if you like. We will just mock you silently.
0 x

Postby Guest » Fri May 18, 2018 11:33 pm

Going to have to call bullshit.

Cory Conacher Tampa Bay Lightning. One of the fastest on the team and according to the skating coach and director of player development one of the ones with the best stride. Uses it every summer and has since JR.

Nashville and Detroit both have them in practice rinks.

Belliville rhe now AHL team has one.

So my fine Sir you are incorrect.

And oh look a full study by a tenirored professor on the benefits. And look a degree in biomechanics.

https://dr.library.brocku.ca/handle/104 ... ?show=full
0 x

Postby Guest » Fri May 18, 2018 11:56 pm

Guest wrote:Going to have to call bullshit.

Cory Conacher Tampa Bay Lightning. One of the fastest on the team and according to the skating coach and director of player development one of the ones with the best stride. Uses it every summer and has since JR.

And oh look a full study by a tenirored professor on the benefits. And look a degree in biomechanics.

So you have two out of 30 NHL teams-so you say- have them. You have 1 AHL team and 1 horrible in and out NHL player.

The professor, well the Peak Centre guy has his own business in sports performance and trains hockey players.

The stats don’t look good for you my friend.

I also have ALL the sprinters in the world who don’t use treadmills to train technique on.

Just sayin.
0 x

Postby Guest » Sat May 19, 2018 12:20 am

Here’s some more information from one of the top athlete training facilities around. Read the part on treadmills. Not only do they not work but they can negatively impact your stride.

https://www.bpcstrong.com/sports-traini ... estions-2/
0 x

Postby Guest » Sat May 19, 2018 4:18 pm

Guest wrote:

So you have two out of 30 NHL teams-so you say- have them. You have 1 AHL team and 1 horrible in and out NHL player.

The professor, well the Peak Centre guy has his own business in sports performance and trains hockey players.

I also have ALL the sprinters in the world who don’t use treadmills to train technique on.

Just sayin.

Um ok so a guy that owns a business that trains people vs a Professor that trains people like him to do his job and run facilities like that and better?

I will take the Prof thanks.
0 x

Postby Guest » Sat May 19, 2018 4:21 pm

Guest wrote:Here’s some more information from one of the top athlete training facilities around. Read the part on treadmills. Not only do they not work but they can negatively impact your stride.

False.

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdis ... pid=171423

Trained on a Skating Treadmill all through Minor hockey. It is all about the teacher! You need someone that understands bio-mechanics.
0 x

Google

This Do Skating treadmills work Topic is Sponsored by:

Postby Google » Sat May 19, 2018 4:21 pm

0 x

Postby Guest » Sat May 19, 2018 4:37 pm

Please enlighten us. Which top NHLers use the skating treadmill? McDavid? Stamkos? Matthews? Ovechkin?

Conacher is all you got? Please...!
0 x

Postby Guest » Sat May 19, 2018 5:17 pm

Guest wrote:Please enlighten us. Which top NHLers use the skating treadmill? McDavid? Stamkos? Matthews? Ovechkin?

How about you show me scientific studies proving it does not work as there has been posted a scientific study that proved it was beneficial??

PS some guy saying it does't with no research doe's not make it so!
0 x

Postby Guest » Sat May 19, 2018 10:13 pm

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:Here’s some more information from one of the top athlete training facilities around. Read the part on treadmills. Not only do they not work but they can negatively impact your stride.

False.

Trained on a Skating Treadmill all through Minor hockey. It is all about the teacher! You need someone that understands bio-mechanics.

Who do you know that understand the biomechanics of the skating stride? BPC trains tons of athletes and many hockey players- they get results. The Peak guy is a sports scientist that has a company who trains hockey players with a website full of information.

Please send the link to the professors athlete training centre.
0 x

Postby Guest » Sat May 19, 2018 10:16 pm

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:Please enlighten us. Which top NHLers use the skating treadmill? McDavid? Stamkos? Matthews? Ovechkin?

How about you show me scientific studies proving it does not work as there has been posted a scientific study that proved it was beneficial??

Can you show us a few sprinters who train on a treadmill? The Peak guy did his research. If you think a machine pulling your leg behind you artificially is good for skating technique-keep doing it!! Who els other than Conacher di s it? Must be to many to name if a “prof” says it works eh!
0 x

Postby Guest » Sat May 19, 2018 11:18 pm

Guest wrote:

False.

Or you can just train on ice. Like everyone else through all minor hockey.
0 x

Postby Guest » Sat May 19, 2018 11:28 pm

Guest wrote:

Going back and forth on this is kinda ridiculous.

You believe it works, use it.
You don’t believe it works, don’t use it.

You have enough money to buy one, buy it. Who cares if it works? You have that much money to waste, you can buy the next best thing that can fix it.

I call it a waste because as expensive as ice is, it’s still much cheaper to use ice.

You don’t have money to buy one, it doesn’t matter how good it is. You can rent a session as u need it. It either helps or it doesn’t.

If you need one full time to keep using for years, something wrong with you. What do you need to keep fixing? Plus the ice is always there.

Simple, nothing else to see here.
1 x

Postby Guest » Sun May 20, 2018 8:49 am

THE CORY CONACHER OMG SIGN ME UP!!! The guy is so amazing he's been on 12 teams in 4 leagues in the last 7 yrs. wow. (Sarcasm)
1 x

Postby Guest » Sun May 20, 2018 11:05 am

Guest wrote:

Just sayin.

You are an idiot who keeps on and on about sprinters not using running treadmills. We can't get through to you that sprinters are not skaters. Two very different kinetic movements that cannot be compared side by side. Also, sprinters can sprint anywhere..their sport doesn't require ice!! Treadmills have some merit but should be used as a supplement to on ice skate training and dry land training. I mix them in for my two AAA playing kids over the summer and it has definitely helped them. There you go..some applicable proof. More proof..a gentleman in Kitchener owns a treadmill. His daughter is currently a top player on an NCAA d1 school team and she put hundreds of hours on that thing as a teenager. She skates beautifully and she will tell you how much supplementing training on the mill has helped her.
0 x