2006 GTHL AA WEST

Re: 2006 GTHL AA WEST

Postby Guest » Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:05 pm

Guest wrote:We have more non-parent coaches than most age groups and the results are mixed at best. For every good environment (North Stars) there are disasters (Terriers, Jets) and those that you can't get an exact read on (Ice Warriors, Braves)

SD may not be a parent-coach but he is a grandparent-coach.
0 x

Postby Guest » Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:48 pm

MJ Coaches are poachers and do not develop. They are not good with all the kids and treat their team like the business that hockey is.
1 x

Postby Guest » Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:14 pm

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:Is warriors coach leaving?

Heard SD is staying. A previous poster stated the following:

Guest wrote:Playoff spots:
1. VP
2. MT
3. VR
4.TE
5. NS
6. ST
7. ICE WARRIORS (THIS TEAM IS A SLEEPER - TALENTED GROUP)
8. TROYALS

Eagles or Panthers to win it all. North Toronto to win the entire cup.

IW have been on a bit of a roll and I am starting to agree with this post. If they change a couple of their lower end players for more skill, they could be a top 4 team next year.

Not sure but with 17 teams in the loop 12 make the playoffs.
0 x

Postby Guest » Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:00 pm

Top teams don't develop they look for skill only . Just like the hockey commercial say's .You don't get by on skill alone . MT VP VR . Looking to win only screw development

ST& EAGLE'S have great coaches and I'm excluding BM
These team have decent player that have good work ethic which always equal development.

Rest of the playoff pack is when you see most development in minor hockey you'll see certain kids are stepping it up , but the whole team is needed to participate and coaches have no choice but to try and develop the whole team
1 x

Postby Guest » Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:09 pm

These team have decent player that have good work ethic which always equal development

How does work ethic always equal development? Really dude!!!! or this is your expert opinion. :roll:
4 x

Postby Guest » Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:52 pm

Guest wrote:MJ Coaches are poachers and do not develop. They are not good with all the kids and treat their team like the business that hockey is.

Which coach does not poach, ST, MT the list is long. And show me a coach who is good with all the kids? Every coach is going to have problems with some kids or parents. Get your kid to work like expected and I am sure the problem goes away. Or you go away and then grind an axe.
2 x

Postby Guest » Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:37 pm

Any coach that poaches is a good coach because they are trying to improve the team. People get a grip yes A/AA/AAA hockey is about trying to win. Its call rep hockey. If all you want is to have fun there is a place for that too.
2 x

Postby Guest » Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:34 pm

DVV where are you :lol: :lol: :lol: are you still :D today?
0 x

Postby Guest » Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:04 pm

Saw my post from EAST AA talking about players going to AAA, any one in WEST division go AAA this year?
0 x

Postby Guest » Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:05 pm

Guest wrote:Saw my post from EAST AA talking about players going to AAA, any one in WEST division go AAA this year?

Sorry, saw many posts, not my post.
0 x

Postby Guest » Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:00 pm

What teams will fold this year? (as did the Toros last spring)
What teams should fold.

This is not a laundry question!
But is kinda dirty laundry-like. ;)
1 x

Postby Guest » Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:01 pm

Guest wrote:DVV where are you :lol: :lol: :lol: are you still :D today?

Those laughing heads kinda look like...turtles. Naw couldn't be. Welllllllll....maybe.
1 x

Postby Guest » Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:20 am

turtle turtle turtle. who is DVV what code is this?
0 x

Postby Guest » Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:38 am

Guest wrote:These team have decent player that have good work ethic which always equal development

How does work ethic always equal development? Really dude!!!! or this is your expert opinion. :roll:

So you're an expert? (Andy Sutton voice)
0 x

Postby Guest » Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:15 pm

Havent you realized yet? Everyone on this site is an expert. :roll:
0 x

Postby Guest » Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:40 pm

MT losing a lot of players to AAA, so will be mid pack at best next year.
0 x

Postby Guest » Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:31 pm

Guest wrote:MT losing a lot of players to AAA, so will be mid pack at best next year.

Yep just the players. 8-)
There were at least two great openings in just 2007 AAA. What does that tell ya?
1 x

Postby Guest » Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:43 pm

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:MT losing a lot of players to AAA, so will be mid pack at best next year.

Yep just the players. 8-)
There were at least two great openings in just 2007 AAA. What does that tell ya?

All over the place. :!:
1 x

Postby Guest » Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:06 pm

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:MJ Coaches are poachers and do not develop. They are not good with all the kids and treat their team like the business that hockey is.

Which coach does not poach, ST, MT the list is long. And show me a coach who is good with all the kids? Every coach is going to have problems with some kids or parents. Get your kid to work like expected and I am sure the problem goes away. Or you go away and then grind an axe.

Only that some poach because by making other teams weaker it gives the illusion that their team is getting better. :roll:
1 x

Postby Guest » Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:07 am

Boho! It's rep hockey. Can't handle it, move back to house league!
0 x