2006 GTHL AA WEST

Re: 2006 GTHL AA WEST

Postby Guest » Mon Jan 09, 2017 3:19 pm

And the gap has started closing already. Nice to see the mid-pack teams having success. They are not as complete as the top teams and hence it comes down to team effort and of course coaching. Good job IW and MJ. I would have enjoyed watching the expressions on BM and DM as their teams were picked apart (especially BM, he is such a whiner). Must have been the girl factor on both teams :-)
2 x

Postby Guest » Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:45 pm

Guest wrote:And the gap has started closing already. Nice to see the mid-pack teams having success. They are not as complete as the top teams and hence it comes down to team effort and of course coaching. Good job IW and MJ. I would have enjoyed watching the expressions on BM and DM as their teams were picked apart (especially BM, he is such a whiner). Must have been the girl factor on both teams :-)

Come on let's not exclude the nose-up parents (you know who you are). Thought the imbalance was going to last 4ever? Nada. Nope. No way. Not gonna happen. Enjoy your humble pie. Hey someone should set up a parent Humble Pie Therapy Clinic at Iceland.
$$$$$. 8-)
1 x

Postby Guest » Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:01 pm

who won tonight? VP or VR? Score?
1 x

Postby Guest » Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:56 pm

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:And the gap has started closing already. Nice to see the mid-pack teams having success. They are not as complete as the top teams and hence it comes down to team effort and of course coaching. Good job IW and MJ. I would have enjoyed watching the expressions on BM and DM as their teams were picked apart (especially BM, he is such a whiner). Must have been the girl factor on both teams :-)

Come on let's not exclude the nose-up parents (you know who you are). Thought the imbalance was going to last 4ever? Nada. Nope. No way. Not gonna happen. Enjoy your humble pie. Hey someone should set up a parent Humble Pie Therapy Clinic at Iceland.
$$$$$. 8-)

Humble Pie Alert! Will the panic button be pressed. Trading window closed. Will Kevlar be handed out to staff? Is Napoleon's bed on Elba Island being prepared for the anointed one's exile?
And ever so slowly Kraft Cup and dreams of the Ontario's drift ever so slowly AWAY 8-)
MT 3 MB 3
1 x

Postby Guest » Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:35 am

The ex Braves Coaches are poison. We were better off without them and will be better again next year without them.
2 x

Postby Guest » Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:21 pm

Rangers and Panthers tied last night
0 x

Postby Guest » Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:16 pm

Guest wrote:DVV better wipe that smirk off his face. Lets see if he struts around like a peacock after tomorrows game.

OH! He's strutting like the big guy he is. :lol:

DVV? Is that encrypted code?
1 x

Postby Guest » Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:09 pm

New coach coming in for aves a real surprise. :roll:
1 x

Postby Guest » Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:13 pm

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:DVV better wipe that smirk off his face. Lets see if he struts around like a peacock after tomorrows game.

OH! He's strutting like the big guy he is. :lol:

DVV? Is that encrypted code?

D V V bragging to anyone who will listen to him that his kid is going AAA next year
1 x

Postby Guest » Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:22 pm

Where is the coach from the Avs going and who is taking over the warriors ??
0 x

Postby Guest » Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:58 pm

Is warriors coach leaving?
1 x

Postby Guest » Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:28 pm

What's happening with The MB? last year they were solid, this year not as much but I hear they have some pretty good players going next there next season..? Don't really know who the coach is. Not same as last year I see him on MT now..
0 x

Postby Guest » Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:12 pm

So you have no idea who the coach is and what has happened to the team from last year to this year, but you happen to know that some "really good players" are going there next year.

Nice stir, because "really good players" are just lining up to grab a spot on the 15th place team.
1 x

Postby Guest » Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:57 pm

Hmm. Last time I checked, winning wasn't everything to a lot of parents, I just want my kid to develop and get better. What I learned this year was when a team has too many superstars they don't win every game. Just ask MT.
3 x

Postby Guest » Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:57 am

Guest wrote:Is warriors coach leaving?

Heard SD is staying. A previous poster stated the following:

Guest wrote:Playoff spots:
1. VP
2. MT
3. VR
4.TE
5. NS
6. ST
7. ICE WARRIORS (THIS TEAM IS A SLEEPER - TALENTED GROUP)
8. TROYALS

Eagles or Panthers to win it all. North Toronto to win the entire cup.

IW have been on a bit of a roll and I am starting to agree with this post. If they change a couple of their lower end players for more skill, they could be a top 4 team next year.
0 x

Postby Guest » Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:31 am

Guest wrote:So you have no idea who the coach is and what has happened to the team from last year to this year, but you happen to know that some "really good players" are going there next year.

Nice stir, because "really good players" are just lining up to grab a spot on the 15th place team.

Not that bad actually. GTHL took away their first win of the season because they didn't have 15 players at that time. With those 2 points they would be a playoff team. It'll be interesting to see how they finish up.

I heard the same rumours about a lot of interest in next season's MB team. It must be that people are finally getting sick of parent coaches and see the benefit of a non-parent volunteer head coach. Who knows?
0 x

Postby Guest » Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:51 am

We have more non-parent coaches than most age groups and the results are mixed at best. For every good environment (North Stars) there are disasters (Terriers, Jets) and those that you can't get an exact read on (Ice Warriors, Braves)
0 x

Postby Guest » Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:01 pm

Guest wrote:We have more non-parent coaches than most age groups and the results are mixed at best. For every good environment (North Stars) there are disasters (Terriers, Jets) and those that you can't get an exact read on (Ice Warriors, Braves)

Tell me how either the Terriers or Jets are disasters compared to the North Stars. I have heard good things about all of the three teams coaches and bad things about them all as well. Do your homework, not every coach is for every kid, but I would think the proof is in how many kids remain for the following team. The other thing to consider is who exactly was cut child or parent.
0 x

Postby Guest » Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:05 pm

Guest wrote:We have more non-parent coaches than most age groups and the results are mixed at best. For every good environment (North Stars) there are disasters (Terriers, Jets) and those that you can't get an exact read on (Ice Warriors, Braves)

SD may not be a parent-coach but he is a grandparent-coach.
0 x

Postby Guest » Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:48 pm

MJ Coaches are poachers and do not develop. They are not good with all the kids and treat their team like the business that hockey is.
1 x