NYKs 2005 AA

The Accountant

NYKs 2005 AA

Postby The Accountant » Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:53 pm

Hey Coach,

Did you see the game tonight? Did you see a pattern? I did. I'll keep it simple.

1. You can't win with just "the manager's core" that continues to get the majority of the ice time. (For the last two years, you've done well in the East but, you'e a two-time loser when you go up against strong teams from the West. Why, because your core is "soft".)

2. The "secondary players" get the job done when the superstars don't step up. I know that you don't have a say in this - because you don't make the decisions - but, geez, don't you want to be your own man someday, while you have a few good years left?

3. All it takes is a little push back on the superstars to get them to shut down. (Go back and check who stepped up in the big games. It - sure as shit - wasn't the superstars.) Just watch how we will push you around in the next few games.

4. People are noticing that you don't make the decisions on the bench and they don't want to come to this team. You can only fool people for a couple of years - before word gets out. Everyone has caught on that you're just there for a paycheck. Ya, you talk a good game but, you know who butters your bread. It's just sad.

5. Why don't your superstars get recruited by AAA teams? It's because they are not tough enough to get there. This year, many kids in the league have caught up to your superstars and they struggle against teams that they should be scoring 10 goals against. Why coach? Ask yourself that?

6. This team can't make a pass and more sadly, there are a few that just won't pass - unless it's to another member of the core. Well, good luck with that. I guess these things don't matter to you because 25 games into the season, this shouldn't be a problem but, it continues to be. What the hell have you taught them?
0 x

Re: NYKs 2005 AA

Postby Guest » Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:36 pm

[quote="The Accountant"]Hey Coach,

Did you see the game tonight? Did you see a pattern? I did. I'll keep it simple.

1. You can't win with just "the manager's core" that continues to get the majority of the ice time. (For the last two years, you've done well in the East but, you'e a two-time loser when you go up against strong teams from the West. Why, because your core is "soft".)

2. The "secondary players" get the job done when the superstars don't step up. I know that you don't have a say in this - because you don't make the decisions - but, geez, don't you want to be your own man someday, while you have a few good years left?

3. All it takes is a little push back on the superstars to get them to shut down. (Go back and check who stepped up in the big games. It - sure as shit - wasn't the superstars.) Just watch how we will push you around in the next few games.

4. People are noticing that you don't make the decisions on the bench and they don't want to come to this team. You can only fool people for a couple of years - before word gets out. Everyone has caught on that you're just there for a paycheck. Ya, you talk a good game but, you know who butters your bread. It's just sad.

5. Why don't your superstars get recruited by AAA teams? It's because they are not tough enough to get there. This year, many kids in the league have caught up to your superstars and they struggle against teams that they should be scoring 10 goals against. Why coach? Ask yourself that?

6. This team can't make a pass and more sadly, there are a few that just won't

Hey ranting idiot. People don't want to go to that team because of the a-hole parent group of which you are a prime example. If you don't like it quit. I'm sure they will be just fine without you because they were before you came. You should do more research before you join a team.
0 x

Postby Guest » Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:48 am

05 AA hockey is about fun and development. If you don't get it move on, not a lot of people outside of the parents really care what happens. The real crazy happens at AAA and it is also where the real competition takes place. Creating AA superstars is meaningless, developing them to be impactful at a higher level seems more sensible.
0 x

Postby Guest » Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:50 pm

Get real. 90% of the parents on this team want their kids to progress to the AAA level. Several kids from LF, DMM and YM are all being scouted/recruited by AAA teams this year and last year. Why is it that our kids are not? Answer-COACH.
0 x