Whitchurch-Stouffville Clippers AE/AA 2004

Guest

Re: Whitchurch-Stouffville Clippers AE/AA 2004

Postby Guest » Tue Dec 13, 2016 6:35 pm



#Hockey spice,,,,,, we can say what we want, but something must be working with that team. They are at the top of the standings while we struggle. Concentrate on making our team better. And their 20 dollar sticks have them scoring lots of goals. Just saying.
0 x

Guest

Re: Whitchurch-Stouffville Clippers AE/AA 2004

Postby Guest » Wed Dec 14, 2016 8:15 am

Guest wrote:#Hockey spice,,,,,, we can say what we want, but something must be working with that team. They are at the top of the standings while we struggle. Concentrate on making our team better. And their 20 dollar sticks have them scoring lots of goals. Just saying.

Our team is better because we would never display any act of rudeness or disrespectful behaviour towards our opponent. Bottom line! And by the way, you don't sound like someone who is on "our team" you sound like someone defending that type of foolish behaviour. Just ask yourselves.....did you get invited back to the Silvetstick???? No you didn't.
0 x

Hockey Spice

Re: Whitchurch-Stouffville Clippers AE/AA 2004

Postby Hockey Spice » Wed Dec 14, 2016 11:37 am

Guest wrote:#Hockey spice,,,,,, we can say what we want, but something must be working with that team. They are at the top of the standings while we struggle. Concentrate on making our team better. And their 20 dollar sticks have them scoring lots of goals. Just saying.

Not scoring enough goals obviously, What happened on Monday against Innisfil??
0 x

Guest

Re: Whitchurch-Stouffville Clippers AE/AA 2004

Postby Guest » Wed Dec 14, 2016 11:54 am

Let's talk about more important news like The AA made it to gold over the weekend. When
Was the last time they won anything???
0 x

Guest

Re: Whitchurch-Stouffville Clippers AE/AA 2004

Postby Guest » Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:07 am

Someone asked me to define puckhog at our last game. This is an accurate definition
"Puckhogs" are completely different. They skate with their head down and into traffic. They rely on a toe-drag, tip-through or chip off the boards. They have no hockey sense, don't recognize when they're under pressure and are notorious for turning the puck over in crucial areas. Some are disguised as Centre, but what they're really doing is chasing the puck and often ahead of the breakout. Constant missed checks and drive-by's when for checking. When they run out of options, they throw the puck away or take a low percentage shot from wherever they've been boxed-in. Stats might be 2:1 or 3:1 goals to assists and their plus minus is awful. In extreme cases, Puckhogs express ZERO joy from the success of their line mates and would rather lose 5-2 scoring 2 goals, than win 3-0 and not score at all
Yes, Puckhogs are awful players and bad for a team and parents we ALL know who these players are"
0 x

Guest

Re: Whitchurch-Stouffville Clippers AE/AA 2004

Postby Guest » Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:18 am

High level coaches have no issue with puck hogs at this age......in fact they encourage it. It breeds creativity.
If your kid was good enough, fast enough to pass to then the pass would be made.

Finally- if puck hogs are a real issue it is up to the coaches to shut it down. Often they want the good kid carrying the puck
0 x

Guest

Re: Whitchurch-Stouffville Clippers AE/AA 2004

Postby Guest » Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:24 am

Gold hasn't been won since Novice AA.
0 x

Guest

Re: Whitchurch-Stouffville Clippers AE/AA 2004

Postby Guest » Thu Dec 22, 2016 12:42 pm

Guest wrote:High level coaches have no issue with puck hogs at this age......in fact they encourage it. It breeds creativity.
If your kid was good enough, fast enough to pass to then the pass would be made.

Finally- if puck hogs are a real issue it is up to the coaches to shut it down. Often they want the good kid carrying the puck

1:"High level coaches" one could only wish
2:"Encourage it?" Oh yes he does
3:"It breeds curiosity" how?
3:"My kid not fast enough ?" it doesn't matter a puck hog will never pass to the fastest skater on the ice.
4:"The good kid carrying the puck?" If you say so, you must know something I don't
5:"Coaches shut it down." Refer to #1
0 x

Guest

Re: Whitchurch-Stouffville Clippers AE/AA 2004

Postby Guest » Thu Dec 22, 2016 12:44 pm

Guest wrote:Gold hasn't been won since Novice AA.

Why do you think that is?
0 x

Guest

Re: Whitchurch-Stouffville Clippers AE/AA 2004

Postby Guest » Thu Dec 22, 2016 12:52 pm

WTF are you saying. AA won gold in their last tournament.
0 x

Guest

Re: Whitchurch-Stouffville Clippers AE/AA 2004

Postby Guest » Fri Dec 23, 2016 11:39 pm

Guest wrote:Someone asked me to define puckhog at our last game. This is an accurate definition
"Puckhogs" are completely different. They skate with their head down and into traffic. They rely on a toe-drag, tip-through or chip off the boards. They have no hockey sense, don't recognize when they're under pressure and are notorious for turning the puck over in crucial areas. Some are disguised as Centre, but what they're really doing is chasing the puck and often ahead of the breakout. Constant missed checks and drive-by's when for checking. When they run out of options, they throw the puck away or take a low percentage shot from wherever they've been boxed-in. Stats might be 2:1 or 3:1 goals to assists and their plus minus is awful. In extreme cases, Puckhogs express ZERO joy from the success of their line mates and would rather lose 5-2 scoring 2 goals, than win 3-0 and not score at all
Yes, Puckhogs are awful players and bad for a team and parents we ALL know who these players are"

Sorry your kid rides the bubble
1 x

Guest

Re: Whitchurch-Stouffville Clippers AE/AA 2004

Postby Guest » Sat Dec 24, 2016 10:43 am

Guest wrote:I'm from stouffville ad I take offence to the comment that all coaches are they same. Let me begin by saying that I don't have any obligations on the AE or AA 2004 team. My son plays for Markham AAA.
I came across this post by accident as its on my feed.
There's been reason as to why Stouffville never had any posts on this site and it's because most parents don't care to talk trash about their coaches or players. Most are
Content with what they have to choose from.

We started off with stouffville as our home but took the leap of faith. Not because of coaching but because my son expressed interest in playing hockey at a higher level which stouffville doesn't have. If you don't like what you're "hearing" and I'm sure 85% of it is untrue, then you have a big decision to make come April.


"I'm from Stouffville but I play in Markham" ... Enough said. Stouffville is a weak org. Not enough kids. No depth. Like too many other places the top kids are elsewhere, (Waxers AAA zone) not enough talent to backfill. They should be an A centre.
0 x

Guest

Re: Whitchurch-Stouffville Clippers AE/AA 2004

Postby Guest » Sat Dec 24, 2016 2:35 pm

"A" centre. How are the AAA 04 Markham teams doing. Maybe they should play and stay at the level they should be playing and not the letter status, then the org will be just fine. But if you enjoy your AAA status and continuously have a poor record year after year in the basement, are your kids happy or are you proud to tell your friends " my kid plays AAA "
0 x

Guest

Re: Whitchurch-Stouffville Clippers AE/AA 2004

Postby Guest » Sun Dec 25, 2016 3:02 am

Huh? Are you sure you know how this works? Yes the Waxers AAA team is weak, but obviously no super strong players from Stouffville either, so I'm not sure you have made a point here. Further, the Cippers AA team is weak, the AE team is strong. This seems to all point at an A centre.
0 x

Guest

Re: Whitchurch-Stouffville Clippers AE/AA 2004

Postby Guest » Tue Dec 27, 2016 9:40 am

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:High level coaches have no issue with puck hogs at this age......in fact they encourage it. It breeds creativity.
If your kid was good enough, fast enough to pass to then the pass would be made.

Finally- if puck hogs are a real issue it is up to the coaches to shut it down. Often they want the good kid carrying the puck

1:"High level coaches" one could only wish
2:"Encourage it?" Oh yes he does
3:"It breeds curiosity" how?
3:"My kid not fast enough ?" it doesn't matter a puck hog will never pass to the fastest skater on the ice.
4:"The good kid carrying the puck?" If you say so, you must know something I don't
5:"Coaches shut it down." Refer to #1


I'm previ to some information that might change your thought on the above comment. Looks like AA might get a new coach/non parent coach. Maybe this team could finally win a championship or even
A few more games under their belts.
1 x

Guest

Re: Whitchurch-Stouffville Clippers AE/AA 2004

Postby Guest » Tue Dec 27, 2016 9:47 am

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:I'm curious to hear what the parents think about this team :o

The parents are just as bad on that team. Most of them are drunk watching the game then drive their kid home.

This is not true if you're referring to the AA and the AE teams.
0 x

Guest

Re: Whitchurch-Stouffville Clippers AE/AA 2004

Postby Guest » Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:25 pm

AA getting new coach. AE most likely staying the same.
What does that mean for everyone????? Absolutely nothing. Who The F cares. Neither team will ever be OMHA winners. Not even close. AA have too many vets and not willing to move a few players because poker night wouldn't be the same if you cut your poker buddies kid. . AE, get rid of ALL coaches kids and maybe you'll have a chance. Maybe.
Both teams have made a mockery of minor hockey. You know what these teams need????? An independent evaluator at time of tryouts. Not the head of rep.
0 x

Guest

Re: Whitchurch-Stouffville Clippers AE/AA 2004

Postby Guest » Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:40 am

OK - who should be on the AA that isnt? just because the AE team is doing well dosnt mean that they have kids who automatically can play AA?
Also - the AA is playing very well right now.
0 x

Guest

Re: Whitchurch-Stouffville Clippers AE/AA 2004

Postby Guest » Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:10 am

Guest wrote:OK - who should be on the AA that isnt? just because the AE team is doing well dosnt mean that they have kids who automatically can play AA?
Also - the AA is playing very well right now.


That is very true, when the centre skips a level of hockey (A) it sets an unbalance overall. In reality there may be kids on AA who truly should not be either. AA is playing well as far as the score board goes, as is AE so what may occur come tryout time is anyone's guess. However these two teams take shape for 2017-18 season I hope they both have success, the kids deserve it. Furthermore I hope this season ends with both teams doing well with their playoff's.
0 x

Guest

Re: Whitchurch-Stouffville Clippers AE/AA 2004

Postby Guest » Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:00 pm

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:OK - who should be on the AA that isnt? just because the AE team is doing well dosnt mean that they have kids who automatically can play AA?
Also - the AA is playing very well right now.


That is very true, when the centre skips a level of hockey (A) it sets an unbalance overall. In reality there may be kids on AA who truly should not be either. AA is playing well as far as the score board goes, as is AE so what may occur come tryout time is anyone's guess. However these two teams take shape for 2017-18 season I hope they both have success, the kids deserve it. Furthermore I hope this season ends with both teams doing well with their playoff's.

Why isn't this centre an A/AA centre?
0 x


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “General Hockey Talk”



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests