2009 NYHL Tier 1

Re: 2009 NYHL Tier 1

Postby Guest » Fri Dec 30, 2016 4:43 pm

DDB losing is perfct since they are clearly the ones who whined to the organizers about the divisions. Shocked that they beat GP - pretty happy that they got slapped by WW.

On another note, what is with the teams having such short benches? Don't the fees that parents pay include tourneys? if most teams have to carry 15 kids, why is it ok to have 10 for tournaments? Stupid. Didn't really work out for teams like GB or GP.
2 x

Postby Guest » Fri Dec 30, 2016 5:10 pm

Guest wrote:DDB losing is perfct since they are clearly the ones who whined to the organizers about the divisions. Shocked that they beat GP - pretty happy that they got slapped by WW.

On another note, what is with the teams having such short benches? Don't the fees that parents pay include tourneys? if most teams have to carry 15 kids, why is it ok to have 10 for tournaments? Stupid. Didn't really work out for teams like GB or GP.

Not a NYHL sanctioned tournament
0 x

Postby Guest » Fri Dec 30, 2016 5:16 pm

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:DDB losing is perfct since they are clearly the ones who whined to the organizers about the divisions. Shocked that they beat GP - pretty happy that they got slapped by WW.

So let me get this straight. EY gets eliminated because they had more penalty minutes than DDB??? Does that sound dumb to anybody else and I heard they had trouble finding a DDB game sheet
6 x

Postby Guest » Fri Dec 30, 2016 7:03 pm

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

So let me get this straight. EY gets eliminated because they had more penalty minutes than DDB??? Does that sound dumb to anybody else and I heard they had trouble finding a DDB game sheet

This tournament is horribly run. They change all the groups after making them public. Have 3 groups when 4 teams get through. Any tie breakers for the wc is apples and oranges. Should have quarterfinals so there's more crossover within groups. They had more than enough time for it. Pretty disappointing tournament considering all the hype.
1 x

Postby Guest » Fri Dec 30, 2016 9:24 pm

WW Blue is the best 2009 team in Ontario. Can't imagine if all the zone kids come back. WW will be the team to beat in Novice AAA.
0 x

Postby Guest » Fri Dec 30, 2016 9:25 pm

Let's settle down there Whitby dad...
0 x

Postby Guest » Fri Dec 30, 2016 11:11 pm

Guest wrote:WW Blue is the best 2009 team in Ontario. Can't imagine if all the zone kids come back. WW will be the team to beat in Novice AAA.

Nice. Shitby Jr Goon Squad being prepped for future bar fights at Brock and Dundas. Great futures for these boys.
0 x

Postby Guest » Fri Dec 30, 2016 11:12 pm

Guest wrote:WW Blue is the best 2009 team in Ontario. Can't imagine if all the zone kids come back. WW will be the team to beat in Novice AAA.

Did you pull over to pump those tires????

I heard you barely beat PC and EY. Pretty sure best team is decided by a playoff format not a tournament format get back in the good ole pick up and keep driving
0 x

Postby Guest » Fri Dec 30, 2016 11:42 pm

That's one of 2 Whitby tyke teams. WW white is just as good. Now combine those two teams and u have ur typical nyhl "all star" team but with boarders. My son isn't even a '09 but I've seen both teams play and I bet they'll be a top novice aaa team next yr
0 x

Postby Guest » Fri Dec 30, 2016 11:52 pm

why would anyone ever want to go back to the omha
0 x

Postby Guest » Sat Dec 31, 2016 10:34 am

Guest wrote:

why would anyone ever want to go back to the omha

Because we like the driving and have snow tires!
0 x

Postby Guest » Sat Dec 31, 2016 2:38 pm

Guest wrote:

Did you pull over to pump those tires????

I heard you barely beat PC and EY. Pretty sure best team is decided by a playoff format not a tournament format get back in the good ole pick up and keep driving

Accurate
0 x

Postby Guest » Sat Dec 31, 2016 2:45 pm

Lay off the ad hominem attacks and the rips on Whitby. It's a great place to live. And half of the toronto police force lives there so we should be nice and appreciative of them. And pick up trucks are awesome.
Let's get back to pretending like we know which seven year olds are on their way to the show....much more productive.
I'm going back to my 2010 thread now where we like to predict which six year olds are elite and which parents are the worst and how aweful all the coaches are.
1 x

Postby Guest » Sat Dec 31, 2016 3:22 pm

Guest wrote:Lay off the ad hominem attacks and the rips on Whitby. It's a great place to live. And half of the toronto police force lives there so we should be nice and appreciative of them. And pick up trucks are awesome.
Let's get back to pretending like we know which seven year olds are on their way to the show....much more productive.
I'm going back to my 2010 thread now where we like to predict which six year olds are elite and which parents are the worst and how aweful all the coaches are.

You are right up until they came on to pump there own tires. After that you deserve to get ripped. Good job winning but relax on being the best
1 x

Postby Guest » Sat Dec 31, 2016 5:38 pm

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:Lay off the ad hominem attacks and the rips on Whitby. It's a great place to live. And half of the toronto police force lives there so we should be nice and appreciative of them. And pick up trucks are awesome.

You are right up until they came on to pump there own tires. After that you deserve to get ripped. Good job winning but relax on being the best

So which team is the envy of all others heading into 2017?
0 x

Postby Guest » Sat Dec 31, 2016 5:58 pm

Not a WW parent. WWB is the best team in Tyke. They have beat all the big teams this year. They have now won a tournament with the top NYHL/MHL teams. WW Blue team is OMHA residential restricted. They have developed kids from Whitby. This is very hard to do. Lots of OMHA teams have failed at developing kids from with in their own system. NYHL team get kids from all over not always developing kids in house. Much respect to WwB. Congrats on your year!
0 x

Postby Guest » Sat Dec 31, 2016 6:01 pm

Guest wrote:Not a WW parent. WWB is the best team in Tyke. They have beat all the big teams this year. They have now won a tournament with the top NYHL/MHL teams. WW Blue team is OMHA residential restricted. They have developed kids from Whitby. This is very hard to do. Lots of OMHA teams have failed at developing kids from with in their own system. NYHL team get kids from all over not always developing kids in house. Much respect to WwB. Congrats on your year!

Not every NYHL team is from everywhere. EY. WH NTR are all small area teams
0 x

Postby Guest » Sat Dec 31, 2016 6:12 pm

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:Not a WW parent. WWB is the best team in Tyke. They have beat all the big teams this year. They have now won a tournament with the top NYHL/MHL teams. WW Blue team is OMHA residential restricted. They have developed kids from Whitby. This is very hard to do. Lots of OMHA teams have failed at developing kids from with in their own system. NYHL team get kids from all over not always developing kids in house. Much respect to WwB. Congrats on your year!

I dont recall WWB beating GP in a meaningful game.
1 x

Postby Guest » Sat Dec 31, 2016 8:43 pm

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

I dont recall WWB beating GP in a meaningful game.

Too bad GP couldn't beat DDB in a meaningful game, otherwise they would have played WWB in the finals
0 x

Postby Guest » Sat Dec 31, 2016 10:33 pm

WWB great tourny and congrats. But I watched the games against EY PC and DDB and the only one you dominated was tge DDB team. So again congrats but why werent you in the other good tourny vaughn? GP won that one. And you had the original division changed but I guess it worked out only one tough round robin game against EY
0 x