2004 Ottawa Spring 2016

Guest

Re: 2004 Ottawa Spring 2016

Postby Guest » Mon Apr 04, 2016 3:26 pm



Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:why have levels during winter season?

why does the Minto Travellers league have many levels for beer league

why does the RA league have many levels for bee league as well.

Why are there 4 or more separate world hockey championships every year? Why don't just let all the teams play in one huge tournament?

All is fair mentality?!?!? I guess you summed up your view with the spring is only for winning statement. Bring out your best team. You are an idiot.

Spring was originally for top kids years ago just like T1 hockey like it or not that's the way it is . You have other options for things to do in the spring time if it isn't your cup of tea you can
1- garden
2- sweep the driveway
3- rake the lawn
4- play another sport
5- do some training to get better
6- getting ready for the AAA season ** wait scratch number 7**



Now it's for letter chasers, and run, yeah those 20-1 fun games. Can I come and watch. I'm sure I will see lots of smiling faces out there! Really well run and worth the time and effort. My kids don't need spring, some do. Or is that the parents that need spring. Can't get enough of that arena-7 months weren't enough eh. Hey, no need for other sports, 12 months a year baby! enjoy
0 x

Guest

Re: 2004 Ottawa Spring 2016

Postby Guest » Mon Apr 04, 2016 4:44 pm

having all of these brutal spring hockey teams has wrecked spring hockey here.

Some of the local tournaments Outouais, 67's, Ottawa Valley Selects (remember them) used to be able to draw some top flight teams.
Now we get no one coming here....its a shame!
0 x

Guest

Re: 2004 Ottawa Spring 2016

Postby Guest » Mon Apr 04, 2016 4:56 pm

Oh get over yourself. All the people who want and are able from Ottawa to play elite summer AAA will and do.
That's still very few who are ACTUALLY ABLE and they don't play those games in Ottawa.
0 x

Guest

Re: 2004 Ottawa Spring 2016

Postby Guest » Mon Apr 04, 2016 5:00 pm

Hockey should always be about fun and development for the maximum number of kids possible. That means having them play at the right level against the right competition. Spring is all about people making money and parents trying to make their kids happy. Many kids had their season end in February and they are not tired of hockey. The best answer would be to extend the reular winter season so that all teams ended the year near the end of April. Teams that are knocked out of the playoffs should continue in consolation rounds. This would ensure that teams played at roughly the right level and it would also limit the amount that parents needed to pay for hockey each year. At the end of April everyone should go outside.

Those people who don't agree with this are likely to have motivations other than the fun and development of the maximum number of kids. They are likely trying to buy a better experience for their own child even if that results in a system where the experience of the majority of other kids is degraded.
0 x

Guest

Re: 2004 Ottawa Spring 2016

Postby Guest » Mon Apr 04, 2016 6:06 pm

Guest wrote:Hockey should always be about fun and development for the maximum number of kids possible. That means having them play at the right level against the right competition. Spring is all about people making money and parents trying to make their kids happy. Many kids had their season end in February and they are not tired of hockey. The best answer would be to extend the reular winter season so that all teams ended the year near the end of April. Teams that are knocked out of the playoffs should continue in consolation rounds. This would ensure that teams played at roughly the right level and it would also limit the amount that parents needed to pay for hockey each year. At the end of April everyone should go outside.

Those people who don't agree with this are likely to have motivations other than the fun and development of the maximum number of kids. They are likely trying to buy a better experience for their own child even if that results in a system where the experience of the majority of other kids is degraded.


there is no "system" in place
0 x

Guest

Re: 2004 Ottawa Spring 2016

Postby Guest » Mon Apr 04, 2016 6:07 pm

Guest wrote:Oh get over yourself. All the people who want and are able from Ottawa to play elite summer AAA will and do.
That's still very few who are ACTUALLY ABLE and they don't play those games in Ottawa.


I sort of agree with you...my point is those kids cant play those games in Ottawa anymore with the free for all its has become locally
0 x

Guest

Re: 2004 Ottawa Spring 2016

Postby Guest » Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:29 pm

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:Oh get over yourself. All the people who want and are able from Ottawa to play elite summer AAA will and do.
That's still very few who are ACTUALLY ABLE and they don't play those games in Ottawa.


I sort of agree with you...my point is those kids cant play those games in Ottawa anymore with the free for all its has become locally

This is why we stopped playing Spring way too many teams way too much travel for good competition it was getting ridiculous
0 x

Guest

Re: 2004 Ottawa Spring 2016

Postby Guest » Mon Apr 25, 2016 12:22 pm

Any good Ottawa tournaments coming up with openings?
0 x

Guest

Re: 2004 Ottawa Spring 2016

Postby Guest » Fri Dec 23, 2016 7:39 am

What winter team players are on the Ottawa Stars playing in the Pro Bauer Shootout May 13th - 15th in Toronto?
0 x

Guest

Re: 2004 Ottawa Spring 2016

Postby Guest » Wed Jan 04, 2017 2:55 am

Guest wrote:What winter team players are on the Ottawa Stars playing in the Pro Bauer Shootout May 13th - 15th in Toronto?

Same ones as previous years of coarse.


Last bumped by Anonymous on Wed Jan 04, 2017 2:55 am.
0 x


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “2003 and Younger”



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google Adsense [Bot] and 167 guests