2004 Ottawa Spring 2016

Re: 2004 Ottawa Spring 2016

Postby Guest » Mon Apr 04, 2016 8:42 am

Hey there know it all

What tiers are there? Where are they posted? What teams adversities that they are a tier 2 or tier 3 team.

Complaining is pointless!! lol I don't have my kids in spring hockey, because of this crap. I can say whatever I want. WE all see it. Poorly organized tournaments set up to make money off of unsuspecting parents. Parents who openly say their kid plays AAA. I have seen it many times and just smile and wave.

My point is not to play. Kids do other sports.
0 x

Postby Guest » Mon Apr 04, 2016 8:46 am

Guest wrote:Easy big boys easy......
Ranting and raving about this and that about how it was the organizers fault is pointless. Do not play stupid .We all know that MAR is all about the money so he will never say no to more $$$. Your rant about AAA is useless and pointless and you know it. Spring has Tiers and has had for the last 8 years or so. Are we going to see the Ottawa Pirates in the valley elite Smith Falls Tier 2/3 tournie???..Not . Ottawa Pirates entering this weekends tournie was questionable but defending a 20-1 beat down on a lower tier 3 team by claiming ignorance of the other teams skill level is insulting to the game . Any coach worthy of having such a high level team should have been able to easily recognize the disparity and adjust accordingly . But that is not what happened, is it?? ..... If there is no Tiering in AAA explain why the actual Tier 1 Ottawa teams need to run to Toronto to find actual skill level appropriate competition. Get over yourself.... your Coach screwed up and you went along with it . Trying to defend it just helps to dig the hole deeper. And btw posting one entry on a minor hockey forum is not complaining it called discussing and second entry is called a rebuttable.

Are you for real pal?! Why don't you take your group of non AAA players and enter another tournament. That score is ridiculous, but being ignorant to the fact that there is no regulation of these tournaments, the teams that enter them, nor is there there anyone officially tiering the teams. Open your eyes man. Don't advertise a AAA tournament if it's not. What the hell does a spring AAA tournament actually mean.

Best guess. What a joke
0 x

Postby Guest » Mon Apr 04, 2016 8:59 am

this tourney has been around long enough everyone knows its a t2-t3 tourney. other top teams were not there and last year one played up a year to challenge themselves, why didn't the Ottawa pirates do that as they know how weak this tourney is. its nobodies fault, teams just need to pick tourneys better for there team
0 x

Postby Guest » Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:03 am

8:46
Now way you are that ignorant but benefit of the doubt...
Simply Question,
If this is not a Tiered tournie then why do the top 6 teams after the round robin play for Gold, the next 6 play for Silver and the bottom 4 play for Bronze. It will let you in on a little secret ..because it is TIERED...

Might want to stop digging your hole a bit deeper before you bury yourself completely.. this is like shooting fish in a barrel :)
0 x

Postby Guest » Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:05 am

So there is no official tiering?!

Everyone relies on just, guessing and being honest! lol

What about the new teams? There are some new names. How do they know where they play? And do the returning teams have the same rosters as last year-not a chance.

Guesswork and then complaining. Someone needs to take charge and make some actual tiers. But then you would need teams to be tiered, otherwise they could call themselves whatever they want.

What a mess!
0 x

Postby Guest » Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:08 am

Guest wrote:8:46
Now way you are that ignorant but benefit of the doubt...
Simply Question,
If this is not a Tiered tournie then why do the top 6 teams after the round robin play for Gold, the next 6 play for Silver and the bottom 4 play for Bronze. It will let you in on a little secret ..because it is TIERED...

Might want to stop digging your hole a bit deeper before you bury yourself completely.. this is like shooting fish in a barrel :)

Are you serious??!!! you can't be!! What a great tiering system pal. I am on the website right now. They advertise this as a AAA tournament, period. They are just extending your play so each team gets more games and the organizer gets more money. Are you that simple. Go complain that one team has 2 ringers on their team and is cleaning up. What tier are they-hey maybe diamond!! oooooooooowwww!!
0 x

Postby Guest » Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:21 am

9:08
All you are doing now is proving that not only the Casselmen tournie is tiered ,but the IQ of some the people who post on this thread is also tiered. I am over and out ;)
0 x

Postby Guest » Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:23 am

What I saw were teams with AA players from last season. Some of those kids never seen a regular season lost, So don't say kids don't belong at this tournament.
My kid played with friends, it is not his fault his friends are good.
0 x

Postby Guest » Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:29 am

It's spring hockey enough said. .
All you clowns complaining get over it if you don't like blowouts you might not want to play spring. The 20-1 score is a little much but there were other blowouts in the tourney also and there will be more to come in upcoming events ..enjoy!
0 x

Postby Guest » Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:30 am

Guest wrote:9:08
All you are doing now is proving that not only the Casselmen tournie is tiered ,but the IQ of some the people who post on this thread is also tiered. I am over and out ;)

One question.

How are the teams entering the tournament tiered before entering? They are all listed as AAA. The tournament is also listed as AAA. Some actually have an "elite" division, this one doesn't.

9:23 this just proves my point that players can be from any level of hockey. No separation, so don't complain if there are blowouts. That being said 20-1 is an embarrassment to everyone.
0 x

Postby Guest » Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:33 am

Guest wrote:It's spring hockey enough said. .
All you clowns complaining get over it if you don't like blowouts you might not want to play spring. The 20-1 score is a little much but there were other blowouts in the tourney also and there will be more to come in upcoming events ..enjoy!

Just a little much eh!! Enjoy a 20-1 score! that's funny. You admit there will be more to! How is this fun, or worth the time and expense??? Explain that to me. Just spring hockey-wow, doesn't say much does it.
0 x

Postby Guest » Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:37 am

Take the Casselman tournament 2006 division for example, as it appears to be the biggest with approx. 12 teams. Why don't they separate these teams into two levels? Fair question. It would be be better at reducing blowouts. But how would you divide them. Who says what team is what level? It's AAA right!?!
0 x

Postby Guest » Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:45 am

20 - 1? You can't blame the kids. They will continue to celebrate every goal and the entire pounding, without empathy. It's up the Coaches and Parents to use moments like this to teach a little compassion and humility.
0 x

Postby Guest » Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:48 am

If you are a team that has top rep player on it with some AA player, look at spring hockey as a challenge, eye opener, and gauge where you fit in or want to strive for. Yes its unfortunate that there are a wide range of calibers and you get some lop sided games, I understand spring hockey is up to AAA, but its better to call it spring hockey.
0 x

Postby Guest » Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:12 am

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:It's spring hockey enough said. .

Just a little much eh!! Enjoy a 20-1 score! that's funny. You admit there will be more to! How is this fun, or worth the time and expense??? Explain that to me. Just spring hockey-wow, doesn't say much does it.

It doesn't say much it's spring hockey . My kids stopped playing Spring last year because it was getting ridiculous. Way too many mediocre teams in Ottawa and could not take jetting to TO, Buffalo or Montreal every 2nd or 3rd weekend for half decent tournament competition . But you enjoy it though.
0 x

Postby Guest » Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:15 am

I will say that my kid is a T2/3 level player and has had experience with that coach and I will disagree with the character assassination above. That group of kids (assuming) on the team have been together for a long time and are skilled players. He has been entering that tournament for at least 5 years with a variety of teams so to say/present it the way posters above are is wrong as he has been going to it for years and a lot of kids live in that area. It's all in how you look at it really. You enter spring hockey to play, many sell AAA and you encounter a group of skilled players together-it happens. Me Id tell my kid to compete as best he could and appreciate the chance to play and see where he wants to be. This may sound bad but how do you know they didn't tone It down. Some on here would say they tried to embarrass the other kids if the stood back and did not compete at all as well. Is what it is-spring hockey. Cass tourney does taper the games better than most for the kids. So if you struggled here might be careful if you enter some BSP or others.
0 x

Postby Guest » Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:17 am

Were there any S7 on this Pirates team? I sure hope not.
0 x

Postby Guest » Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:36 am

Guest wrote:I will say that my kid is a T2/3 level player and has had experience with that coach and I will disagree with the character assassination above. That group of kids (assuming) on the team have been together for a long time and are skilled players. He has been entering that tournament for at least 5 years with a variety of teams so to say/present it the way posters above are is wrong as he has been going to it for years and a lot of kids live in that area. It's all in how you look at it really. You enter spring hockey to play, many sell AAA and you encounter a group of skilled players together-it happens. Me Id tell my kid to compete as best he could and appreciate the chance to play and see where he wants to be. This may sound bad but how do you know they didn't tone It down. Some on here would say they tried to embarrass the other kids if the stood back and did not compete at all as well. Is what it is-spring hockey. Cass tourney does taper the games better than most for the kids. So if you struggled here might be careful if you enter some BSP or others.

So is your kid tier 2 or 3? What level did he play in winter. That's all that matters. Spring AAA is hilarious. Marketing scam at it's best to get the letter chasers. Call it "no regulations spring"!

Not sure if you coach or much you are around hockey, but as soon as you are getting close to 10-1, I mean around 7-1, you know EXACTLY where the game is headed. There is no mystery here. Tons of options to the coach to keep this reasonable. He could try switching all his D up to forward and bring back the forwards. He could make a rule, you can't shoot before 5 completed passes in a row etc. That score should NEVER happen.

Don't call it AAA, have appropriate levels. Why not just call it Tier 1, 2, 3 etc.? It doesn't sell that's why.
0 x

Postby Guest » Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:44 am

Guest wrote:Were there any S7 on this Pirates team? I sure hope not.

Why would it matter?
0 x

Postby Guest » Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:45 am

You were not there, because at least 5 passes were the norm for all games.
0 x