Ottawa 04 AAA 2016/17

Re: Ottawa 04 AAA 2016/17

Postby Guest » Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:00 am

There is always a chance. The rumoured coach will be fair in the evaluations.
However, I heard that one of the forward that should go to the Cyclones is asking for a transfer, which he should get. So the forwards given 2 from the aces, will be stacked.
The defence and goalies I have no idea.
However, remember kids drop out, other get big and fast. So there is always a chance.
1 x

Postby Guest » Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:55 am

Everybody has a chance. If you compete you have a chance. As for kid looking for transfer, doubt it will happen, rumored coach has no power or would want to be involved with making that happen. Goalies and defense....two hardest positions to play in hockey. I'm sure the Titans won't have any problems at D. The kids from 7's are talented and I believe there goals against were league leading. Aces have some good D just not enough talent on team to be successful. Goal will be interesting, just has to make the first stop and keep rebounds in control. Just my opinion.
1 x

Postby Guest » Wed Mar 23, 2016 11:07 am

Wow, someone mentioned there's defense in minor hockey must be a D dad. But I'm sure we all heard that "defense wins Championship s".
2 x

Postby Guest » Wed Mar 23, 2016 11:20 am

Coming from the dad of a puck hog.
2 x

Postby Guest » Wed Mar 23, 2016 11:32 am

I'm sure the puck hog's dad would tell you that his little Johny is just being creative and that you screaming at him to use the point is stifling his development.
2 x

Postby Guest » Wed Mar 23, 2016 11:52 am

Rep B or A kids might have some difficulty with the speed at which they have to make plays and stick handle. Less time and space at the AA level. Not to say they can't get better over the summer and have a great Tryout. Lots of money to find out if he can or can't. In Titans land, looks very unlikely that there would be any new faces from the 04 group. Very impressive talented players with S7 and Aces Forwards and Defensemen. I agree with goaltending, looks like there might be an issue. But as stated earlier the champions Defense is strong and goalie just has to give them a chance to win by making the first stop and cover up rebounds
2 x

Postby Guest » Wed Mar 23, 2016 11:54 am

Funny how you say the goalie has to just make the first save when f's don't back check to pick up the trailers and the d are too busy screening the goalie
1 x

Postby Guest » Wed Mar 23, 2016 12:03 pm

The Titans will have 6 of 10 top points from AA. A very hard to get a spot.
As for defence and goalies, you can't simply look at GA, given the dominance of the forwards. Really hard to evaluate given the puck simly stays deep in he offensive zone.
1 x

Postby Guest » Wed Mar 23, 2016 12:11 pm

are you saying that F's don"t backcheck???? you must be talking about a specific player. it happens I'm sure when a goalie gets screened. do you think it's a lack of confidence in the goaltending?
1 x

Postby Guest » Wed Mar 23, 2016 12:19 pm

I'd say it's bad d positioning goalie can't stop what he can't see. Get the heck out of the way let the goalie see the puck and pick up the pass it's very simple
1 x

Postby Guest » Wed Mar 23, 2016 12:36 pm

i don't know whats worse, a Dman that competes to make a play or a F that does not back check to help out in his own end and take himself out of an easy breakaway to score. Or a goalie letting in first, second or third shots on net in for goals? Sounds like hockey. no disrespect
1 x

Postby Guest » Wed Mar 23, 2016 1:17 pm

Looks like a Sevens goalie dad was here ripping the F's on the team lol. I won't return the favour but will certainly remember what was said.
1 x

Postby Guest » Wed Mar 23, 2016 1:27 pm

As for the back checking issue I can count about 2-3 on each team that do it all the time. The rest are inconsistent at best. A good coach can get all the kids doing it over time but it's not just simply skating back hard with your head down but it's a tactical play where a player knows where to be and who to defend. Far too many coaches don't know how to teach back checking.
1 x

Postby Guest » Wed Mar 23, 2016 1:39 pm

1:27. Totally agree, there is no defensive coaching. From what I've seen this season the defensive ability of most of the D in this league is good, some awesome one on one and positioning. On an offensive note some have very impressive shots and skating strengths. With the addition of paid coaching at AAA defensive game should get even better for both D and F
1 x

Postby Guest » Wed Mar 23, 2016 1:44 pm

Titans Forwards will be as good as any team in the province. From what I hear the only issue the S7 ever had in big tournaments was goaltending. That may be the only issue the Titans have but it's a pretty big one.
1 x

Postby Guest » Wed Mar 23, 2016 1:51 pm

For the 7's goaltending has been a weakness for years. Tournaments it really showed one over the other was particularly weak. Sounded like a focus problem? Not enough pucks or not enough extra work done outside of practice? Not sure. Goaltending seems to be a weakness in the valley.
1 x

Postby Guest » Wed Mar 23, 2016 2:39 pm

Little S7 F daddy upset with being called out. Good to know you have a good memory because memories will be all you have after little Johny becomes a statistic. Hope you took a lot of pictures
1 x

Postby Guest » Wed Mar 23, 2016 2:59 pm

I'm guessing "parent cut" just saying.
1 x

Postby Guest » Wed Mar 23, 2016 3:07 pm

Guest wrote:There is always a chance. The rumoured coach will be fair in the evaluations.
However, I heard that one of the forward that should go to the Cyclones is asking for a transfer, which he should get. So the forwards given 2 from the aces, will be stacked.
The defence and goalies I have no idea.
However, remember kids drop out, other get big and fast. So there is always a chance.

why "should" he get a transfer?
1 x