Ottawa 04 AAA 2016/17

Re: Ottawa 04 AAA 2016/17

Postby Guest » Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:23 am

What are all of these kids going to do with their AAA swag? These kids barely get to touch the puck all year, does that help their development? Is it fun to watch games from the bench? It's been funny watching these parents in their AAA hats and jackets cruise around the rinks as their kid grinds it out as a 3rd liner. Fun times for the kids lol.
0 x

Postby Guest » Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:57 am

Personally it's ALL minor hockey and the players are still children. Kids who can't drive, have homework to do, and have never kissed a girl. Lol. But we think it's ok to treat them like men at the rink. We think it's ok to yell at them for making mistakes or not giving 100% effort(in our mind anyways).

This is the GAME of hockey but we have turned into work for many kids and added a ton of pressure. If any of you had this kind of pressure in your beer league you would quit in a heartbeat. We do this to our kids now because we can, we have power over them. Yes I get the entire teaching them "life lessons" part, but this is a game.

We are two faced because we know how to not sound crazy and tell our kids to have fun, but then lose our minds.

I know of many parents and coaches who think teams should cater to their top five players and should treat the team as if it is a junior team. They say that now when their little Johnny is a top parent, but I guarantee you they will change their tune when their kid drops out of favour. If a team chooses to be run this way, fine, I will drop my kid down a level.

We have lost all perspective and parents have to be proactive to ensure their kid Ian still enjoying the GAME. Unfortunately I have to ensure that my kid is a top half player to ensure his icetime doesn't suffer and he feels he is a contributor. I have seen to often the crazy coaches, backed up by the crazy parents, who think it's fine to do anything to win. Keep your team and enjoy playing with lower caliber players, we are out.
1 x

Postby Guest » Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:58 pm

1 x

Postby Guest » Fri Jan 06, 2017 4:00 pm

Why are parents so stressed at tryouts? It's simple; they want their kid in AAA for their own egos. Major PW is the biggest mulligan year in hockey. Some parents were smart and stayed away to ensure their kids had fun and enjoyed the game while working on their skill. My buddy offered me some very good advice but I got caught up in the AAA lights and I'm full of regret now. The emphasis on winning is out of control.
0 x

Postby Guest » Fri Jan 06, 2017 5:27 pm

I have learned, after a few mistakes, to choose the team/level based on the Coach and the Coach only. Letter does not matter... Association does not matter... Friends do not matter.. it is all about what program is the coach going to provide for my kid this season. (This applies in the Spring season as well.. should you choose to throw money there too)

"Will my kid be a better hockey player in March than he was in August?" That is the only question that matters!

Of course he must be having fun along the way.
0 x

Postby Guest » Fri Jan 06, 2017 9:39 pm

Guest wrote:I have learned, after a few mistakes, to choose the team/level based on the Coach and the Coach only. Letter does not matter... Association does not matter... Friends do not matter.. it is all about what program is the coach going to provide for my kid this season. (This applies in the Spring season as well.. should you choose to throw money there too)

"Will my kid be a better hockey player in March than he was in August?" That is the only question that matters!

Of course he must be having fun along the way.

You don't really have much choice other than AAA or AA, maybe Rep B if your willing to drop that much. Association does not matter-how does that work for you? How often do you even get to "chose" your coach?

How do you know what "program" the coach will provide your kid for the season? What was the last program you received?
1 x

Postby Guest » Fri Jan 06, 2017 9:57 pm

What's the worst case you guys have seen this season of kids sitting on the bench? And how have the parents reacted to it?
0 x

Postby Guest » Sat Jan 07, 2017 8:02 am

Woot Sens are 2-0 in TO..going to be a solid finish to the season overtaking UC for the final spot
0 x

Postby Guest » Sat Jan 07, 2017 8:41 am

2 schools of thought here.. either the sens gain confidence from the Wins in TO and learn to play more like a team so that when they return to Ottawa they play some hockey rather than the individual crap that was on display before Christmas... or, and more likely, they develop more bad habits playing against these weaker teams and get destroyed in Jan/Feb... and have an early start to the Spring season.
0 x

Postby Guest » Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:42 am

67's playing some good hockey of late
0 x

Postby Guest » Sun Jan 08, 2017 10:53 am

67's are basically a AA team without their #1 guy. So many weak players.
0 x

Postby Guest » Sun Jan 08, 2017 12:43 pm

^fluff
0 x

Postby Guest » Sun Jan 08, 2017 1:04 pm

^fluffer?
0 x

Postby Guest » Sun Jan 08, 2017 5:07 pm

Sens on a roll big tournament win..more then most in this league can say they've done
0 x

Postby Guest » Sun Jan 08, 2017 5:40 pm

Actual wild, 67 have won a tournament, and Titans and cyclones have been finalist.

So I am glad that the Sens did win something
Please enjoy march break vacation
0 x

Postby Guest » Sun Jan 08, 2017 6:27 pm

Winning is more fun than losing but the sens were the favourites in that tournament. The other four teams were ranked 45, 48, 52 and 54. So this probably doesn't mean the sens are about to beat all of the other Ottawa teams.
0 x

Postby Guest » Sun Jan 08, 2017 6:38 pm

It is good to win sometimes
Good for the Sens
1 x

Postby Guest » Sun Jan 08, 2017 10:19 pm

Whats with 67s giving up 14 in 2 games...an AP in net?
0 x

Postby Guest » Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:37 am

Guest wrote:Winning is more fun than losing but the sens were the favourites in that tournament. The other four teams were ranked 45, 48, 52 and 54. So this probably doesn't mean the sens are about to beat all of the other Ottawa teams.

The ROLL starts tomorrow
0 x

Postby Guest » Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:00 am

With BB out for the cyclones your right you might get a win tomorrow night... the roll will be on !
0 x