Ottawa 04 AAA 2016/17

Re: Ottawa 04 AAA 2016/17

Postby Guest » Sat Dec 31, 2016 12:06 pm

Guest wrote:
brunettev wrote:After coaching a 2 hour hockey game and having to drive 4 hours home, I am sure the Titans coach or his wife would lower themselves to write anything on this hateful
blog. The team did an amazing job and deserve to be commended as we all know any Toronto tournament is not on a level playing field with the Ottawa teams. I can hardly wait when the Titans win the league -- you jealous SoB
PS: I am not a Mom, but have a lot of years watching minor hockey. Cheers to the Ottawa Valley Titans!!

You're 3-5-0 against Wild and 2-1-1 against 67s, don't engrave the league trophy just yet....

Your performance against the number 2 team in Ontario and GTMHL means Ottawa hockey is doing great considering the territory limits we have here and those that left for TO were stupid and chasing the dream aimlessly.

Happy New Years.

Wild and 67's cant beat UC so relax madame
0 x

Postby Guest » Sat Dec 31, 2016 2:37 pm

That is why HEO is great. Any given day, anyone can win. No free rides, no recruiting, balanced league.
0 x

Postby Guest » Sat Dec 31, 2016 5:43 pm

Heo is great? Lol
Balanced? Haha :lol:
0 x

Postby Guest » Sat Dec 31, 2016 7:00 pm

Don't forget the parent coaches that pick their buddies crap. That's a joke!
0 x

Postby Guest » Sat Dec 31, 2016 10:48 pm

Heard the Titans shortened the bench big in their recent tournament. 1 goalie didn't play and 3-4 forwards barely got any ice time. That's a real shame.
0 x

Postby Guest » Sat Dec 31, 2016 11:21 pm

Only way they can compete.
0 x

Postby Guest » Sun Jan 01, 2017 2:49 pm

Guest wrote:Only way they can compete.

And yet everyone plays in Ottawa and they are in 1st. Doesn't say much for the rest of the league i guess.
0 x

Postby Guest » Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:29 pm

The league is a joke! Open the borders to allow the best kids from all over play wherever they want. Bottom teams draw from a very weak pool of kids. Only be worse next year when the allure of AAA wears off and smart people stay away.
0 x

Postby Guest » Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:52 pm

Only one's that will stay away are the one's that are cut.
0 x

Postby Guest » Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:52 pm

Guest wrote:Only one's that will stay away are the one's that are cut.

Believe what you want letter chaser.
0 x

Postby Guest » Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:12 pm

Half the kids in this league are just rich ones with very little skill or talent.
0 x

Postby Guest » Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:19 pm

Holy cow could the Sens of picked a weaker tournament to enter.
0 x

Postby Guest » Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:31 pm

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:Only one's that will stay away are the one's that are cut.

Believe what you want letter chaser.

Nope, just.a good understanding of how most hockey parents think.
0 x

Postby Guest » Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:42 pm

Most hockey parents think with their own egos. They really don't care if their kids are happy or thriving. As long as they can tell people their boy plays AAA that's all that matters. 2 more months and a lot of these kids will never play AAA again. There's 5/6 kids on every team that should never have made these teams which resulted in a very weak league. Pretty much every team is a joke and the Titans are a one man show with Daddy on the bench. Hope my kid decides to play football into the fall next year lol.
0 x

Postby Guest » Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:22 pm

If 5 or 6 kids on every team should have never been selected then who should replace them?
0 x

Postby Guest » Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:39 pm

Guest wrote:Most hockey parents think with their own egos. They really don't care if their kids are happy or thriving. As long as they can tell people their boy plays AAA that's all that matters. 2 more months and a lot of these kids will never play AAA again. There's 5/6 kids on every team that should never have made these teams which resulted in a very weak league. Pretty much every team is a joke and the Titans are a one man show with Daddy on the bench. Hope my kid decides to play football into the fall next year lol.

The 5-6 kids comment about kids on EACH team who shouldn't be there is pretty funny. I agree that the league isn't run well, mainly because there are to many teams and not enough parity. Add to that double the money, and you wonder why people bother. I know we could do much better. My kid is younger and if the opportunity arises where he has a chance to play AAA, I really don't know what I will decide. Not impressed so far. Friends who are 2-3 years in all say it wasn't worth it.
0 x

Postby Guest » Thu Jan 05, 2017 11:33 pm

Wasn't worth what?
What was their measure for success...
0 x

Postby Guest » Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:01 am

Guest wrote:Wasn't worth what?
What was their measure for success...

It wasn't worth the money for what you got. Specifically, the coaching was pretty standard and it changed EVERY year. They don't know how to develop players as their message keeps changing and the associations let whatever coach they hire year to year, decide in the temporary direction of the team. That is not tier 1 level development. Then again, all the teams work this way.

A small league without parity provided little in the way of competitive developmemt.

The extra pressure from all the parents who think their kid is the one. The winning at all costs mentality and some kids seeing much less icetime. All not worth the time, money or effort.

The afterthought of FUN not being incorporated into the program.

These were their measures of success
1 x

Postby Guest » Fri Jan 06, 2017 9:27 am

I can't imagine any kid having fun while barely contributing to the team. The playoffs are going to be full of tears as several players will barely get any ice. Titans goalie will ride the pine as the import continues to play every game. Crushing the spirits of kids just for some empty wins in major pw. Very sad.
0 x

Postby Guest » Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:12 am

Guest wrote:I can't imagine any kid having fun while barely contributing to the team. The playoffs are going to be full of tears as several players will barely get any ice. Titans goalie will ride the pine as the import continues to play every game. Crushing the spirits of kids just for some empty wins in major pw. Very sad.

Well said. This is a big reason why kids turn away from the game. When they get a bit older they have better things to do with their time than sit on the bench.
0 x