Ottawa 04 AAA 2016/17

Re: Ottawa 04 AAA 2016/17

Postby Guest » Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:13 pm

Some of the skill players are puck hogs who only play offence, don't move the puck and don't understand the team game. Others have great overall skill that translates into a good two way game and team play. Some of the grinders have limited skating and stickhandling skills, while others move the puck quickly and effectively for the team at the expense of their personal stats. You really have to look at the total package when assessing who the best 15 skaters are in a tryout. I agree that the 15 most skilled players should be chosen but their are a lot more skills than the toe drag.
2 x

Postby Guest » Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:58 am

The bottom teams in the league lack offense not grinders. Scoring and skill is the hardest thing to find.
0 x

Postby Guest » Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:36 am

Guest wrote:yes, you sound like a winner. can wait until next year, for contact

Contact is not the great divide you think it may be unskilled and big is still unskilled. One of the smallest players at minor bantam is still a top player and point producer in the league id hate to burst your bubble but just because a kid is small does not mean they can't contribute in a league with contact.
0 x

Postby Guest » Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:11 am

Contact removes most of the toe dragging puck hogs, and it eliminates the small not tough players

And yes big and slow is still slow
0 x

Postby Guest » Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:40 pm

Guest wrote:Contact removes most of the toe dragging puck hogs, and it eliminates the small not tough players

Tough is not a skill.
0 x

Postby Guest » Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:43 pm

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:Contact removes most of the toe dragging puck hogs, and it eliminates the small not tough players

Tough is not a skill.

Tough compensates for small. Big doesn't compensate for slow.
0 x

Postby Guest » Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:46 pm

Skill still wins out in the end.
0 x

Postby Guest » Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:52 pm

nothing compensates for lack of compete level. Skill, size, toughness, smarts, speed are useless without compete.
2 x

Postby Guest » Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:17 pm

Guest wrote:nothing compensates for lack of compete level. Skill, size, toughness, smarts, speed are useless without compete.

Useless might be a bit strong, but I do agree. Everybody has a certain level of compete, but those with a high level of it will do very well regardless of size.

Also, I consider compete and work ethic to be skills. And those are skills that can be developed and are useful long after they are done playing hockey.
0 x

Postby Guest » Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:55 pm

Mix of compete, hockey sense and skill/creativity is the combo...
0 x

Postby Guest » Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:20 pm

Guest wrote:any word on possible coaches for next yr at minor bantam?

any parent coaches next yr
0 x

Postby Guest » Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:23 pm

Its looking like Sens coach may be back
0 x

Postby Guest » Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:55 am

Titans coach won't be back that's for sure. He screwed so many people. Have fun being back with that parent group next year coach :lol: .
0 x

Postby Guest » Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:53 am

Winning cures everything and so does scoring. If coaches kid continues to score and team wins the league nobody in Titans land will be bitching about anything
0 x

Postby Guest » Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:35 am

Never seen a coach baby his kid this much lol.
0 x

Postby Guest » Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:09 am

Guest wrote:Winning cures everything and so does scoring. If coaches kid continues to score and team wins the league nobody in Titans land will be bitching about anything

Hey CR. Who says the winning will continue?? You do! The team body language and your lack of coaching experience is really becoming obviously apparent. Once the rest of the Titans realize that they are not part of the family and family's friends, I'm sure they will become even more discouraged. Good Luck to the Titans going forward, it would be a shame to see this team disintegrate.
0 x

Postby Guest » Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:24 am

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:Winning cures everything and so does scoring. If coaches kid continues to score and team wins the league nobody in Titans land will be bitching about anything

Hey CR. Who says the winning will continue?? You do! The team body language and your lack of coaching experience is really becoming obviously apparent. Once the rest of the Titans realize tha0t they are not part of the family and family's friends, I'm sure they will become even more discouraged. Good Luck to the Titans going forward, it would be a shame to see this team disintegrate.

Thanks for chiming in. Im actually a Sens parent with a bigger coaching issues then you guys do. Kids dont care about the coach i know that because of our own teams situation . The only bitching comes from us parents who are not happy with what we see. If the team wins all is forgotten same happens after a loss kids move on . I cant stand our coach and his coaching philosphopy but say nothing to my kid because he is just there to play a game. Get over it the season is almost over do more homework next year on whos coaching the team instead of crying here.
0 x

Postby Guest » Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:33 am

Agreed, much better off playing tier 2 with decent coaching at this age. Everyone knew what would happen with kid and dad in the Valley.
0 x

Postby Guest » Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:53 am

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Hey CR. Who says the winning will continue?? You do! The team body language and your lack of coaching experience is really becoming obviously apparent. Once the rest of the Titans realize tha0t they are not part of the family and family's friends, I'm sure they will become even more discouraged. Good Luck to the Titans going forward, it would be a shame to see this team disintegrate.

Thanks for chiming in. Im actually a Sens parent with a bigger coaching issues then you guys do. Kids dont care about the coach i know that because of our own teams situation . The only bitching comes from us parents who are not happy with what we see. If the team wins all is forgotten same happens after a loss kids move on . I cant stand our coach and his coaching philosphopy but say nothing to my kid because he is just there to play a game. Get over it the season is almost over do more homework next year on whos coaching the team instead of crying here.

Can you please describe the Sens coaching style/philosphy?. Serious question
0 x

Postby Guest » Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:45 pm

Thanks for chiming in. Im actually a Sens parent with a bigger coaching issues then you guys do. Kids dont care about the coach i know that because of our own teams situation . The only bitching comes from us parents who are not happy with what we see. If the team wins all is forgotten same happens after a loss kids move on . I cant stand our coach and his coaching philosphopy but say nothing to my kid because he is just there to play a game. Get over it the season is almost over do more homework next year on whos coaching the team instead of crying here.[/quote]

Can you please describe the Sens coaching style/philosphy?. Serious question[/quote]
Honestly my kid is told to do one thing one practice and something different the next. I ask him why he did something in the game which made no sense and he says coach told him to do it so i really dont know whst to tell you. Mixed messages are the norm which leads to confusion. Id settle for consistency.
0 x