2007 GTHL AA West

Re: 2007 GTHL AA West

Postby Guest » Tue Dec 13, 2016 10:05 pm

Guest wrote:Braves new coach has his work cut out for him but from what I hear he knows his sh*t. Hope he can turn the age group around. Having said that, if he is going to be behind the bench next season I hope there is some recruiting going on. And no, I don't have a kid on the team, I'd just like to see the organization back to where it has been.

the 07 braves is the worst aa team I have ever seen. most of those kids aren't even a level. they are a rough team because most of them are such bad skaters they have no hope of keeping up with another team so they hack and slash and grab their opponents. braves have become a disgrace to aa hockey as this appears to be a trend on many of their younger teams. parents on 07 braves are complete fools and haven't a clue of how minor hockey works or how to navigate a good experience for their kid. shameful
1 x

Postby Guest » Tue Dec 13, 2016 10:40 pm

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:Who got the braves

Brave guy!!! :)

Braves are open. The guy could not get enough high end kids to make the team competitive
0 x

Postby Guest » Tue Dec 13, 2016 11:53 pm

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Braves are open. The guy could not get enough high end kids to make the team competitive

Coaching staff owns it 100%.
Short benching 7 and 8 year olds didn't work out so well did it?
And over-playing playing coaching staff kids when it wasn't going to help win games.
Hard to also recruit with a losing record year after a year.
Bye bye.
0 x

Postby Guest » Wed Dec 14, 2016 12:36 am

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

This is BS. Teams in AA don't start building until the new year when all the AAA team cuts have settled down. The new coaches are in place and this team will be much more competitive next season. It blows my mind how this guy was able to coach a team. He couldn't even coach a team in the MHL. I guess the Braves were desperate in hiring him and some of the parents were desperate in bringing their kids their for an additional letter. Expect major changes with this team next season.
1 x

Postby Guest » Wed Dec 14, 2016 8:19 am

This is BS. Teams in AA don't start building until the new year when all the AAA team cuts have settled down. The new coaches are in place and this team will be much more competitive next season. It blows my mind how this guy was able to coach a team. He couldn't even coach a team in the MHL. I guess the Braves were desperate in hiring him and some of the parents were desperate in bringing their kids their for an additional letter. Expect major changes with this team next season.[/quote]

He coached a gold team for years. He was every bit as qualified, if not more so, than most in this loop. This team is just awful. Mostly A or houseleague.
0 x

Postby Guest » Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:56 pm

Guest wrote:This is BS. Teams in AA don't start building until the new year when all the AAA team cuts have settled down. The new coaches are in place and this team will be much more competitive next season. It blows my mind how this guy was able to coach a team. He couldn't even coach a team in the MHL. I guess the Braves were desperate in hiring him and some of the parents were desperate in bringing their kids their for an additional letter. Expect major changes with this team next season.

He coached a gold team for years. He was every bit as qualified, if not more so, than most in this loop. This team is just awful. Mostly A or houseleague.[/quote]

Had two seasons to build a strong core before this. Parents weren't bailing last two seasons without a reason. A good hockey player doesn't guarantee a good coach. This is the end result. Kaboom.
1 x

Postby Guest » Thu Dec 15, 2016 10:38 am

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:This is BS. Teams in AA don't start building until the new year when all the AAA team cuts have settled down. The new coaches are in place and this team will be much more competitive next season. It blows my mind how this guy was able to coach a team. He couldn't even coach a team in the MHL. I guess the Braves were desperate in hiring him and some of the parents were desperate in bringing their kids their for an additional letter. Expect major changes with this team next season.

He coached a gold team for years. He was every bit as qualified, if not more so, than most in this loop. This team is just awful. Mostly A or houseleague.

Had two seasons to build a strong core before this. Parents weren't bailing last two seasons without a reason. A good hockey player doesn't guarantee a good coach. This is the end result. Kaboom.[/quote]

A new coach will help this team a lot. Team is weak and needs to move players from other clubs in to replace kids from the team now. Kids are just not AA kids. No fun losing every game. these kids would be better off in A
0 x

Postby Guest » Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:11 am

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Had two seasons to build a strong core before this. Parents weren't bailing last two seasons without a reason. A good hockey player doesn't guarantee a good coach. This is the end result. Kaboom.

A new coach will help this team a lot. Team is weak and needs to move players from other clubs in to replace kids from the team now. Kids are just not AA kids. No fun losing every game. these kids would be better off in A[/quote]

Nobody wants to go to a team with 1 win. It doesn't matter who the coach is.
1 x

Postby Guest » Thu Dec 15, 2016 12:21 pm

The new coach is probably bringing most of his current team over.
If they've played together for a few years they'll give the bottom half of this loop trouble.
Current HH players will probably be fighting for spots.
As for the problem parents currently with the team they will find it tougher to land on a team without PM nursing them over to his new team.
Too about that failed revolution. Blow-back---)
The time to earn those AA letters for jr really begins.
Well guess there's always HVS or DD.
1 x

Postby Guest » Thu Dec 15, 2016 12:42 pm

Guest wrote:
Guest"[quote="Guest wrote:This is BS. Teams in AA don't start building until the new year when all the AAA team cuts have settled down. The new coaches are in place and this team will be much more competitive next season. It blows my mind how this guy was able to coach a team. He couldn't even coach a team in the MHL. I guess the Braves were desperate in hiring him and some of the parents were desperate in bringing their kids their for an additional letter. Expect major changes with this team next season.

Had two seasons to build a strong core before this. Parents weren't bailing last two seasons without a reason. A good hockey player doesn't guarantee a good coach. This is the end result. Kaboom.[/quote]

A new coach will help this team a lot. Team is weak and needs to move players from other clubs in to replace kids from the team now. Kids are just not AA kids. No fun losing every game. these kids would be better off in A[/quote]

Nobody wants to go to a team with 1 win. It doesn't matter who the coach is.[/quote]

RESPONSE
Even A Doesn't deserve kids whose parents tell their kids not to pass. Poor kids.
1 x

Postby Guest » Thu Dec 15, 2016 2:26 pm

Agreed, there are a few kids on this team that are in over their heads even down a level playing A. HL red is more appropriate. The true AA kids will be looking to land elsewhere. 8-0 and 9-0 games get old very fast, you can't develope much when you are barely touching the puck.
0 x

Postby Guest » Sat Dec 17, 2016 11:23 am

Toros proved they are the clear cut #1 with another win last night over ST.
0 x

Postby Guest » Sat Dec 17, 2016 11:47 am

Guest wrote:Toros proved they are the clear cut #1 with another win last night over ST.

Everyone has off games...didn't you tie the braves. Lol
0 x

Postby Guest » Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:04 pm

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:Toros proved they are the clear cut #1 with another win last night over ST.

Everyone has off games...didn't you tie the braves. Lol

They beat the Tigers twice now. I think that says more.
0 x

Postby Guest » Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:36 pm

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:Yes he has. Can't you see that 11:23 was written by the new Braves coach? Sorry to blow your cloak and dagger post there pal.

I wrote the 11:23 post. My buddy has a kid on the team and I played with the Braves many many years ago. No coach here smart guy.

JH's kid still on team?

Doesn't look like he is. Any idea where he went? And was it a package deal?
0 x

Postby Guest » Sun Dec 18, 2016 8:35 pm

TW - 3
TR - 0
0 x

add

Postby add » Sun Dec 18, 2016 9:13 pm

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:Braves new coach has his work cut out for him but from what I hear he knows his sh*t. Hope he can turn the age group around. Having said that, if he is going to be behind the bench next season I hope there is some recruiting going on. And no, I don't have a kid on the team, I'd just like to see the organization back to where it has been.

the 07 braves is the worst aa team I have ever seen. most of those kids aren't even a level. they are a rough team because most of them are such bad skaters they have no hope of keeping up with another team so they hack and slash and grab their opponents. braves have become a disgrace to aa hockey as this appears to be a trend on many of their younger teams. parents on 07 braves are complete fools and haven't a clue of how minor hockey works or how to navigate a good experience for their kid. shameful

this whole team is A rejects none of them will be around next year. parents are just as awful as their kids. all you need to do is watch a game from the stands and see the real trash isn't on the ice, but rather in the stands
1 x

Postby Guest » Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:01 pm

[ braves have become a disgrace to aa hockey as this appears to be a trend on many of their younger teams. [/quote]

this statement describes the organization well

buyer beware
0 x

Postby Guest » Mon Dec 19, 2016 2:05 pm

add wrote:
Guest wrote:

this whole team is A rejects none of them will be around next year. parents are just as awful as their kids. all you need to do is watch a game from the stands and see the real trash isn't on the ice, but rather in the stands

They have some hot hockey moms. Coaches you a listening?
Porcelain teeth will be a glistening. Eyelashes a fluttering.
The muttering about new teams. Shortest route to getting those moms out of your dreams is to sign jr it seems. ;)
1 x