04 AAA GTHL COACH 2018-2019

Re: 04 AAA GTHL COACH 2018-2019

Postby Guest » Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:32 am

Here's the dilemma about Bantam AAA coaches.

If a coach has a non-hockey day job, they probably aren't as dedicated as what most parents expect a AAA bantam coach to be.

If hockey is their day job, there is probably a very negative reason why they are still at the bantam level, and not coaching OHL or higher. So hockey-guy coaches at this level are not the sharpest tools in the shed, and not as competent as what most parents expect a AAA bantam coach to be.
0 x

Postby Guest » Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:38 am

Guest wrote:Watched the game with my son and I would say the Sens outshot the Nats by at least 20 maybe 30 . Yes Nats had a couple of good chances but if you are suggesting that the game was an evenly matched game you are just trying to stir the pot.

Sens took a lot of meaningless shots last night that hit the goalie in the chest or missed the net, Any team can flip pucks at a goalie from far away and claim they outshot the other team. You call those shots? I'd call it lack of skill.
0 x

Guest025

Postby Guest025 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:37 am

Guest wrote:why not ask simpler questions about the coaches? like:

who's a good guy/person?
none of the 12, otherwise the wouldn't survive the toxic environment of AAA

who's going to develop my son best?
MS is the best skills trainer of the group?

who has a history of getting players to the next level after minor midget?
HE

who's not on the take or beholden to money guys?
not TN, that's for sure

who will make hockey fun as well as developing through competition?
None of the 12. AAA is about winning, its not a developmental league. You do privates for development.

who's got a good reputation?
MS? Does a good job with the 03's

who's got a bad, or really bad, reputation?
TN, AS, V V, SB are the biggest sleezebags

If MS is so good, how does he take a top 3 team to 5th last year and now 8th/ struggling for playoff spot? Smoke and mirrors?
0 x

Postby Guest » Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:16 pm

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:Who lies through their teeth?

That's the question you need answered. Buyer beware.

OK, so who are the biggest pathological liars? Other than TN, that's a given.

Ask around. Most anything posted here isn't believed. Ask parents of the team. Not just the coaches. Ask parents of the third liners. If a third liner talks nice about the team then it's probably a good thing. I have seen first liners tolerate anything as long as their kid gets ice -- they don't care.
0 x

Postby Guest » Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:18 pm

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:Watched the game with my son and I would say the Sens outshot the Nats by at least 20 maybe 30 . Yes Nats had a couple of good chances but if you are suggesting that the game was an evenly matched game you are just trying to stir the pot.

Sens took a lot of meaningless shots last night that hit the goalie in the chest or missed the net, Any team can flip pucks at a goalie from far away and claim they outshot the other team. You call those shots? I'd call it lack of skill.

Thanks again JD for your one-sided game review. As always appreciated. Let's ignore that they outshot them by a wide margin and spent almost the whole game in the other teams end. Whatever makes you sleep better at night.
0 x

Postby Guest » Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:22 pm

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Will you elaborate on TRW? What do you mean "if you haven't heard..." Heard what?

New to the GTHL? Ask around.

I think I just did...

There are lots of negatives with that team. They have all been posted here before. Players decommitted to 24 hours before tryouts. Players leaving mid-season with no refund. Parents lied to and told there were no free rides only to find out there were. No year end budget. Players being blamed for others mistakes...ask around.
0 x

Postby Guest » Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:25 pm

Guest025 wrote:
If MS is so good, how does he take a top 3 team to 5th last year and now 8th/ struggling for playoff spot? Smoke and mirrors?

He should be coaching one team. It's obvious he doesn't put the time or effort into both. It's easy to recruit for the 03 team. Top team, everyone is knocking on your door. For the 04's nobody is knocking, he has to go find top talent. This is where the problem starts.
0 x

Postby Guest » Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:27 pm

Guest wrote:Here's the dilemma about Bantam AAA coaches.

If a coach has a non-hockey day job, they probably aren't as dedicated as what most parents expect a AAA bantam coach to be.

If hockey is their day job, there is probably a very negative reason why they are still at the bantam level, and not coaching OHL or higher. So hockey-guy coaches at this level are not the sharpest tools in the shed, and not as competent as what most parents expect a AAA bantam coach to be.

MM, Rebs, NYR, Nats all have heavy parent involvement with lots of negatives. TRW has a parent manager which is just as bad.
0 x

Postby Guest » Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:36 pm

Guest wrote:Geez there's a lot of hate for TN on here... I know some players who are supposed to be headed there for next season. Should they be worried?

Do your own homework. Don't believe what you read on here.
0 x

Postby Guest » Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:49 pm

last few days there's been a lot of shitting on the Nats and the coaching staff, and yet this is the only team to be done with recruiting for next season, They must be doing something right.
0 x

Postby Guest » Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:10 pm

Guest wrote:last few days there's been a lot of shitting on the Nats and the coaching staff, and yet this is the only team to be done with recruiting for next season, They must be doing something right.

:lol:
0 x

Postby Guest » Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:25 pm

Guest wrote:last few days there's been a lot of shitting on the Nats and the coaching staff, and yet this is the only team to be done with recruiting for next season, They must be doing something right.

Nothing to see here. Run along.
0 x

Google

This 04 AAA GTHL COACH 2018-2019 Topic is Sponsored by:

Postby Google » Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:25 pm

0 x

Postby Guest » Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:57 pm

Guest wrote:

Just repeating what I heard.
0 x

Postby Guest » Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:04 pm

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Just repeating what I heard.

Why would you equate filling a team early with AA players willing to take 3rd line minutes a sign of doing something right? Would it not make more sense to entice top level players to join and then if not successful, fill out the roster? There will always be AA parents willing to take 3rd line minutes for the extra A.
0 x

Guest08736

Postby Guest08736 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:44 pm

Guest wrote:
Guest025 wrote:

He should be coaching one team. It's obvious he doesn't put the time or effort into both. It's easy to recruit for the 03 team. Top team, everyone is knocking on your door. For the 04's nobody is knocking, he has to go find top talent. This is where the problem starts.

Barely dials it in for 04. Should just let someone take the team who can give it the attention it deserves.
2 x

Postby Guest » Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:45 pm

Guest wrote:

MM, Rebs, NYR, Nats all have heavy parent involvement with lots of negatives. TRW has a parent manager which is just as bad.

That's the truth these coaches kids should not be playing AAA and the dads should not be coaching at this level not qualified and only there for their kids. Do they do anything for the team they are supposed to coach other than play their kids all the time. Stay away from these teams.
2 x

Postby Guest » Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:21 pm

I don't know why associations even allow parent coaches at this age. Sure there are some who are ok, but it takes the biological favoritism away when no parents.
0 x

Postby Guest » Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:26 pm

Biological or not, there is alway favouritism.
So many factors and shown in many ways
0 x

Postby Guest » Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:43 pm

Imagine what teams would be like if actually the best kids were on the teams and ice time was earned? ......Gee I better wake up! Dreaming again....
1 x

Postby Guest » Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:48 pm

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

That's the truth these coaches kids should not be playing AAA and the dads should not be coaching at this level not qualified and only there for their kids. Do they do anything for the team they are supposed to coach other than play their kids all the time. Stay away from these teams.

Don't play for these teams if you don't like the situation simple. TC knows his hockey and his kid is good enough to be an average AAA player so he deserves to be there. Nats coach is PT and he has no kid on the team. You don't like CM I get it, but he is not the coach and he doesn't call the shots, his kid is doing ok with the Nats. TN may be all that but he's actually very competitive, trust me if he thought your kid could help him win he would play him often. Btw you forgot the Sens coach. The choice is simple which of the two evils do you prefer and then go there. Most of these paid coaches can be bought for a few extra dollars, no one is holding you back. Stop attacking these guys and make the right choice for your kid.
0 x