Should be Ashamed of How this Tournament was run

Guest

Re: Should be Ashamed of How this Tournament was run

Postby Guest » Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:25 am



Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Why not say thanks for the effort and better luck next year? Too many people get too RABID over hockey "injustices".


So, you're saying that rather than bring it to people's attention and avoid someone else getting screwed the next time around, it's better to just shut up and be taken advantage of.

Classic example of problems in today's society. Nobody is held accountable for their actions. If you had spent $500 plus on the weekend, and saw your team get eliminated without having lost a game, you don't think you would be pissed off?

I wasn't involved in this in any way, but can see why someone would be pissed off and can say that there's zero chance I would be taking my team to this tournament after seeing that they've run it this poorly and not corrected their mistakes after having done it the year before as well.


Did you read what I wrote? Were you capable of comprehending and thinking about what was written?

Rather than cry to the world about it, how about go to the tournament organizers and make a suggestion to them as to how to make it better. Don't do it in anger, but rather out of genuine concern for making it better. The problem with minor hockey is there are too many people prepared to get upset when they don't get things their way, mouth off to the world, scream about accountability, and not do anything to HELP the situation. You are one of those problem A$$HOLES.

All the crying on here does is tear things apart - as is evidenced by your final stanza you selfish prick.
Next year when there are fewer and fewer tournaments because people are so fed up of dealing with self serving, entitled monkey-dung such as yourself you will be on here whining and crying about that too.
5 x

Guest

Re: Should be Ashamed of How this Tournament was run

Postby Guest » Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:32 am

It has nothing to do with the tournament?????

Did anyone contact the association to clarify the rules prior to signing up for the tournament? Did your team know how the rules were before the puck drop on the first game? Did your team participate in the tournament knowing the rules? That all seems to make it pretty clear to me. Your just a sore loser - heavy emphasis on the loser.

They set up a division into pools and then never had any of the pool teams play each other. It's all on the tournament. If they wanted to set it up that way, they needed to take the top 4 overall, not the top from each pool.

According to you. You did not set up the tournament and that is not how the organizers wanted to run it. You are not an organizer or contributor so you really have no say on how it was run. Unless you tried to help them for future tournaments you are as complicit in this as they are.

Your comments about AE hockey show your mental prowess though, so not worth arguing with a guy who's genetic deficiency puts him at a cognitive disadvantage.

I love when a stupid person tries to come off as being of superior intelligence.
4 x

Guest

Re: Should be Ashamed of How this Tournament was run

Postby Guest » Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:38 am

To not have each team in a pool, not play at least one game in their own pool is absurd.
6 x

Guest

Re: Should be Ashamed of How this Tournament was run

Postby Guest » Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:48 am

Guest wrote:To not have each team in a pool, not play at least one game in their own pool is absurd.


What tournament do you run?
3 x

Guest

Re: Should be Ashamed of How this Tournament was run

Postby Guest » Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:54 am

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:To not have each team in a pool, not play at least one game in their own pool is absurd.


What tournament do you run?


I've run and been involved in 100's of tournaments and this is the first I've seen this. When taking the top team from a pool for the playoff rounds, they need to have actually played each other, otherwise you go to overall standings.

Been at many tournaments where they split into pools and don't have the teams play within the pool, but none of those tournaments awarded playoff spots based on where a team finished within their pool.
6 x

Guest

Re: Should be Ashamed of How this Tournament was run

Postby Guest » Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:58 am

Guest wrote:Did you read what I wrote? Were you capable of comprehending and thinking about what was written?

Rather than cry to the world about it, how about go to the tournament organizers and make a suggestion to them as to how to make it better. Don't do it in anger, but rather out of genuine concern for making it better. The problem with minor hockey is there are too many people prepared to get upset when they don't get things their way, mouth off to the world, scream about accountability, and not do anything to HELP the situation. You are one of those problem A$$HOLES.

All the crying on here does is tear things apart - as is evidenced by your final stanza you selfish prick.
Next year when there are fewer and fewer tournaments because people are so fed up of dealing with self serving, entitled monkey-dung such as yourself you will be on here whining and crying about that too.


Calling the guy a selfish prick because he does his research and avoids a poorly run tournament?

From your comments, sounds like you may have been responsible for running this shitty tournament and hopefully it does fold.
4 x

Guest

Re: Should be Ashamed of How this Tournament was run

Postby Guest » Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:59 am

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:To not have each team in a pool, not play at least one game in their own pool is absurd.


What tournament do you run?


I've run and been involved in 100's of tournaments and this is the first I've seen this. When taking the top team from a pool for the playoff rounds, they need to have actually played each other, otherwise you go to overall standings.

Been at many tournaments where they split into pools and don't have the teams play within the pool, but none of those tournaments awarded playoff spots based on where a team finished within their pool.


Then you should contact a lot of tournaments and correct them. I have seen this very approach as a common practice at a lot of tournaments as well. Every now and then there is a hick up with the approach - as happened with this tournament, but I have never seen it result in this kind of tantrum.
3 x

Guest

Re: Should be Ashamed of How this Tournament was run

Postby Guest » Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:01 pm

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:Did you read what I wrote? Were you capable of comprehending and thinking about what was written?

Rather than cry to the world about it, how about go to the tournament organizers and make a suggestion to them as to how to make it better. Don't do it in anger, but rather out of genuine concern for making it better. The problem with minor hockey is there are too many people prepared to get upset when they don't get things their way, mouth off to the world, scream about accountability, and not do anything to HELP the situation. You are one of those problem A$$HOLES.

All the crying on here does is tear things apart - as is evidenced by your final stanza you selfish prick.
Next year when there are fewer and fewer tournaments because people are so fed up of dealing with self serving, entitled monkey-dung such as yourself you will be on here whining and crying about that too.


Calling the guy a selfish prick because he does his research and avoids a poorly run tournament?

From your comments, sounds like you may have been responsible for running this shitty tournament and hopefully it does fold.


I called the guy a selfish prick because rather than help the situation he will just pull away from it and do what is best for himself.
3 x

Guest

Re: Should be Ashamed of How this Tournament was run

Postby Guest » Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:09 pm

Guest wrote:
I called the guy a selfish prick because rather than help the situation he will just pull away from it and do what is best for himself.


I was the guy being called a selfish prick. I'm not sure how you came to that conclusion. I had nothing to do with the tournament, no kids involved in the tournament and became aware of what happened by reading this thread.

I may be a prick, but fail to see where I was being selfish in saying that I could understand how someone would be pissed off after getting wrongly eliminated from the tournament.

As for pulling away - pulling away from what? I had zero involvement in the situation, should I now go and get involved? Why don't you go and contact the tournament organizers and stop being selfish?

Finally, I'm glad I read through this thread and became aware of how the tournament was run, it could help me avoid entering a team into it in the future, although personally I don't take our team anywhere that it's not a 4 game guarantee (just my preference in guaranteeing we get value for money).
5 x

Guest

Re: Should be Ashamed of How this Tournament was run

Postby Guest » Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:19 pm

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
I called the guy a selfish prick because rather than help the situation he will just pull away from it and do what is best for himself.


I was the guy being called a selfish prick. I'm not sure how you came to that conclusion. I had nothing to do with the tournament, no kids involved in the tournament and became aware of what happened by reading this thread.

I may be a prick, but fail to see where I was being selfish in saying that I could understand how someone would be pissed off after getting wrongly eliminated from the tournament.

As for pulling away - pulling away from what? I had zero involvement in the situation, should I now go and get involved? Why don't you go and contact the tournament organizers and stop being selfish?

Finally, I'm glad I read through this thread and became aware of how the tournament was run, it could help me avoid entering a team into it in the future, although personally I don't take our team anywhere that it's not a 4 game guarantee (just my preference in guaranteeing we get value for money).


If you fail to see how your actions are selfish its because you fail to recognize what you actually do as opposed to what you perceive you do. All good on you.

As a matter of fact, I have pointed out the concerns to this organization and outlined options for improving how the tournament was run. Thanks for asking.

As for your outlook on tournaments you take your team to................aren't you special and your team is SO lucky to have you.
3 x

Guest

Re: Should be Ashamed of How this Tournament was run

Postby Guest » Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:28 pm

Jerry! Jerry! Jerry!
3 x

Guest

Re: Should be Ashamed of How this Tournament was run

Postby Guest » Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:56 pm

Sounds like "sore loser" to me.
3 x

Google

This Should be Ashamed of How this Tournament was run Topic is Sponsored by:

Postby Google » Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:56 pm

3 x
Guest

Re: Should be Ashamed of How this Tournament was run

Postby Guest » Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:28 pm

Guest wrote:Sounds like "sore loser" to me.


Wouldn't you actually have to lose to be a sore loser?
4 x

Guest

Re: Should be Ashamed of How this Tournament was run

Postby Guest » Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:30 pm

Guest wrote:As a matter of fact, I have pointed out the concerns to this organization and outlined options for improving how the tournament was run. Thanks for asking.


Oh yeah, I'm sure you reached out to the organization, more like you were one of the organizers and now understand how shitty of a job you did.
3 x

Guest

Re: Should be Ashamed of How this Tournament was run

Postby Guest » Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:32 pm

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:As a matter of fact, I have pointed out the concerns to this organization and outlined options for improving how the tournament was run. Thanks for asking.


Oh yeah, I'm sure you reached out to the organization, more like you were one of the organizers and now understand how shitty of a job you did.


Sure thing sore loser. Because you say its so.
3 x

Guest

Re: Should be Ashamed of How this Tournament was run

Postby Guest » Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:46 am

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:As a matter of fact, I have pointed out the concerns to this organization and outlined options for improving how the tournament was run. Thanks for asking.


Oh yeah, I'm sure you reached out to the organization, more like you were one of the organizers and now understand how shitty of a job you did.


Sure thing sore loser. Because you say its so.


I'd have to think the only one capable of coming on here and defending this would be the one responsible for it, so yeah, I'm guessing it's so.
3 x

Guest

Re: Should be Ashamed of How this Tournament was run

Postby Guest » Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:33 am

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Not defending it - I also said there were mistakes and something to be learned from it. My point is that even though there were mistakes - is this a life altering or life threatening situation? NO. There are so many more things in the world that are worthy of attention and people are bent out of shape over how a tournament was run.

Have I been in some tournaments that were not run to MY liking..... YES - does that mean I have to cry and whine to the world about it? It was a mistake - a learning opportunity and perhaps a fluke. Is there a need to crucify the tournament organizers because of it? Why not say thanks for the effort and better luck next year? Too many people get too RABID over hockey "injustices".


So, you're saying that rather than bring it to people's attention and avoid someone else getting screwed the next time around, it's better to just shut up and be taken advantage of.

Classic example of problems in today's society. Nobody is held accountable for their actions. If you had spent $500 plus on the weekend, and saw your team get eliminated without having lost a game, you don't think you would be pissed off?

I wasn't involved in this in any way, but can see why someone would be pissed off and can say that there's zero chance I would be taking my team to this tournament after seeing that they've run it this poorly and not corrected their mistakes after having done it the year before as well.


I agree, the cost of the hotel,food,gas,time off work all adds up. Then to get screwed by the tournament is extremely disappointing for the parents. Sure the kids probably don't care and had more fun in the hotel pool or running up and down the halls. Save your money do local tournaments ! Lots of them during the season.
4 x

Guest

Re: Should be Ashamed of How this Tournament was run

Postby Guest » Sat Apr 14, 2018 4:48 am

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
So, you're saying that rather than bring it to people's attention and avoid someone else getting screwed the next time around, it's better to just shut up and be taken advantage of.

Classic example of problems in today's society. Nobody is held accountable for their actions. If you had spent $500 plus on the weekend, and saw your team get eliminated without having lost a game, you don't think you would be pissed off?

I wasn't involved in this in any way, but can see why someone would be pissed off and can say that there's zero chance I would be taking my team to this tournament after seeing that they've run it this poorly and not corrected their mistakes after having done it the year before as well.


I agree, the cost of the hotel,food,gas,time off work all adds up. Then to get screwed by the tournament is extremely disappointing for the parents. Sure the kids probably don't care and had more fun in the hotel pool or running up and down the halls. Save your money do local tournaments ! Lots of them during the season.


FUNNY AS HELL. Is it not about the kids? If they had fun is that not the point? If they had gone to the Semi's and got pounded would you be here whining about something else (I am guessing yes). Give it a rest............it's over and you survived. You learned something and you can make an informed decision in the future. The only thing you can control is yourself and you did it poorly where this is concerned.


Last bumped by Anonymous on Sat Apr 14, 2018 4:48 am.
3 x


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Tourny Talk”



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest